Job description / Role
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with a highly recognised Facility Management Service provider based in Oman. They have an exciting opening for an FM GM reporting to the CEO.
Operating in a General Management capacity, the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a Total Facility Management division in the region of approximately 1000 + employees. You will focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs whilst increasing business profit and productivity.
• Act as the General Manager, driving the Total FM business forward
• Lead by example, motivating and managing the FM teams
• Full P & L responsibility for the division
• Understand the clients portfolio and the businesses service level expectations and translate these into solutions
• Provide management with ideas and recommendations on how to maximise FM opportunities through the portfolio
• Review key FM projects, budgets and spending, and act as the focal point for the roll up and review of FM budget and spending
• Review all existing outsourced maintenance and other FM contracts and renegotiate and re-tender where add-value is identified
• Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
• Procurement and contract management responsibility
• Assisting with documents to put out tenders for contractors
• Planning for future developments in line with strategic business objectives
• Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
• Directing and planning essential central services such as fit-out and FM issues, reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
• Ensuring the real estate portfolio meets health and safety requirements
• Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• A qualified Facility Management expert with a technical/ engineering/MEP background
• Educated to MBA level would be an advantage
• 10 - 15 years’ experience of managing a similar size function ie upto 1000 staff
• Experience of developing and growing an FM division in order to maximise profit
• Strong managerial experience with People Management skills
• Knowledge of the FM industry in the Middle East
• Ability to motivate and lead by example
• Good communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
• A high-level of IT skills including FM technology
• A detail-orientated technical person , with a strong ‘commercial’ business approach
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.
Facilities Management Operations Director – Service Provider
Big Fish Recruitment
Operations Manager - Facilities Management
Head of Facilities Management
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Facilities Manager
Power Group of Companies
Big Fish Recruitment