Job description / Role
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with a major HVAC contractor based in Oman. Due to an internal restructure, they have an exciting opening for a General Manager.
With a strong background in sales and management with recognised HVAC/Chiller brands, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Shall manage entire business for both HVAC Supply and Installation
• Actively involved in Tendering / Estimation / Negotiations for successful generation all contracts
• Ownership for growth, achieving sales plans through proper pricing, customer satisfaction and implementation of business plans
Provide leadership to the functions of sales, projects and service
• Excellent PR activities are required to acquire new projects through technical and business insight
• Understanding market strategies, competitors, in-depth understanding of local market, main contractors and consultancy firms, to achieve targets
• Input local market data and ideas to marketing & development function
• Lead the Annual Budgeting exercise and in ensuring that the numbers committed are met by the team
• Coordinates resources to appropriately balance strategic objectives with financial return (profit) and efficient use of financial assets (including working capital)
• Accountability for the financial and operational performance, contractual compliance, management & leadership of management staff and associated employees, maintenance of client relationships, and support for the development of new clients and solutions
• Manage sales teams and ensure individual targets are achieved
• Demonstrate success in Marketing and / or brand building of HVAC products including Chillers and Cooling Towers. Effective management of principal suppliers of international repute.
• Good engineering practices to be developed within the team
• Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest Engineering software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
• Well versed in design standards & codes. Knowledge of various computer programs.
• Evaluate risk associated with business opportunities and contractual obligations. Write timely correspondence for variations, claims, and secure company’s interest by proper contractual letters.
• Overall P&L (budgetary) responsibility. Accountability for the financial and operational performance
• Financial management specifically focused on tendering, cost control, contract preparation and understanding contractual obligations in projects with engineering guidance
• Explore avenues to expand the business
• Excellent communication, managerial and organizational skills.
• Excellent customer relationship
• Comply and ensure entire area of operations complies with Business Code of Conduct
• Comply with the QMS and H&S policies and of the company, develop manuals and processes for good engineering practices and implement the same in various projects. Responsible for developing and maintaining a safe & engaging environment for employees.
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.
MEP Commercial Manager
Head of Tendering and Proposals - MEP Contracting
Operations Manager - FM
Head of Construction
MEP Project Manager
Gulf Coast Electro-Mechanical Co.
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|