Job description / Role
Mission/core purpose of the job
The Head of HR will be an integral part of Oman Executive team with joint responsibility for creating a strategic HR function by developing the strategies, policies, procedures and actions plans to build high performing teams and key capabilities to drive the organizational performance.
The role holder will be responsible for building & overseeing the HR team while working closely with the Group HR Department to embed our values of integrity, Partnership and Excellence in to all aspects of the HR function in accordance with the objectives of the Group’s Sustainable Business Strategy.
• Lead the implementation of the Strategic HR Processes, including but not limited to, Strategic Workforce Planning, Talent Management, Training and Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Compensation Strategy and Culture change.
• Ensure Effective implementation of Internal communications tools & initiatives to facilitate communication between management & employees
• Support local Leadership from an Organisational Development perspective by conducting needs assessments to determine the appropriate interventions to build the required capabilities & enhance people performance in line with Business Strategic Objectives
• Ensure that HR Processes are aligned to achieve all elements of the Group sustainable business strategy. (E.g., Increase in adjusted EBITDA margins, Tenancy ratio, Downtime per tower etc).
• Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive operating efficiency through HR Opex Reduction
Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
• Take the lead in driving the successful delivery of our Group Sustainable Business Strategy as well as high performance culture required to improve business performance. Ensure adherence to the Employee Performance Management process that enables all employees to be appraised in a fair and consistent manner, ensuring SMART goals and targets are built into the process.
• Coach and mentor the HR team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the division, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources through the deployment of robust people management practices
• Successfully engage our Oman’s leadership team and external influencers and oversee the implementation of capability and human performance improvement initiatives to improve individual and performance capacity.
• Contribute to the development of competitive & individualized reward and compensation strategies to boost organizational our team in Oman’s Employee Value Proposition.
• Leverage human resources career development opportunities within our team in Oman and the Group
• Lead the Talent Review Process to identify the High Potential & Potential successors along with the Head of functions & the MD
• Contribute to the development of Succession Planning for all critical positions
• Conduct the competencies’ assessments of the identified Talents as per the Group Framework & highlights the gaps of competencies
• Contribute to the implementation of Talent Programs & interventions, including but not limited to, Mobility program; Talent Program & Leadership development trainings
• Drive efforts to build a high performing team of leaders with thorough understanding and appreciation of HR operations, execution excellence, and people development requirements in sustaining our leadership position.
• Ensure the development and maintenance of an effective Career Management Framework in line with our Group strategy and the integration of competency based training programs to enhance career opportunities for employees.
Recruitment & On-boarding :
• Assess resource requirements for supporting Human Resources (HR) operations and oversee strategic workforce planning and associated budget planning to support operations and achieve business strategic and operational goals.
• Review the organisation’s work force needs and develop recruitment strategies to ensure a fair and effective hiring process is put in place, monitored and periodically reviewed for improvement.
• Oversee the on-boarding process & ensure there is an effective induction plan in place for all new comers
• Lead the implementation of a competitive corporate culture and system of values through well-defined culture change programs to strengthen employees’ engagement level.
• Partner effectively with Government Representatives/Stakeholders to enhance our Corporate Brand
• Provide and maintain an effective Employee Relations system promoting a fair process for resolving disciplinary and grievance issues
• Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to ensure our team in Oman is compliant
• Drive Ethics Management and champion Corporate Governance within both internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop fit for purpose people policies in line with group policies
• Continuously review and confirm metrics and measures deployed in the division to support management decision-making.
Fleet, Administration and Office Facilities
• Manage front of house activities and office management
• Facilitate smooth functioning of the office
• Responsible for the management, operations, business planning and maintenance of the company vehicle fleet.
• Lead and implement project that would lead to the effective management of the company fleet and provide recommendations
• Educated to degree level preferably in Human Resource Management or Business Administration
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role, 3 years must be within a senior HR role
• Experience in managing HR Transformation and leading organizational development projects in business similar to ours
• Experience in driving culture change process and building a common culture
• Experience of working in Oman is preferred.
• CIPD or SPHR(i) is a plus
• Indepth Knowledge of Local Labor Law
• Experience of using HRIS, ideally SuccessFactors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient HR Leader with the ability to lead by example & cascade our Oman vision
• Proven ability to own our values and Culture and blend it throughout the team in Oman to create a lean organisation
• Ability to work independently and drive complex HR & organisation development projects
• Ability to act as a Trusted HR Advisor for the MD & for the Heads of Functions
• Demonstrate ability to quickly understand the People challenges and translate them into concrete strategic actions to effectively support the Business.
• Ability to coach and effectively lead the HR team to develop continuous improvement strategies, influence decision making, and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the Sales Department
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Arabic Language skill is a must
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.