Job description / Role
Ooredoo Oman Family Member:
As the Head of HSE & BCM you will be managing enterprise resources and capabilities for readiness in case of business disruption. Responsible for managing, developing and the advancement of organisational capabilities to ensure the organisation can respond to a disaster and that critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame minimising the amount of loss and expediting recovery. In addition achieve a level of health, safety and environmental management that seeks to minimise risk to everyone within Ooredoo environment and minimises damage to the environment and at the same time works to protect the health and safety of staff, visitors and Customers by ensuring that risks in the workplace are properly controlled .
You will be responsible of the following:
- Manage all aspects of the BCM system (Documents, Procedures, Implementation & Testing)
- Manage BCM enterprise SPOCs to ensure alignment and continuity across the enterprise
- Control all aspects of BCMS projects in close coordination with all Project Managers, stakeholders and vendors.
- Manage the BCMS enterprise strategy from start to finish by ensuring that requirements and project related documentation are kept and updated
- Manage closely with all BCM SPOCs the BCP, Emergency Response Plan and the periodic updates of all processes and documentation
- Manage the availability of sufficient internal and external resources to complete the program.
- Ensure the resilience of the BCMS and BCP
- Control tendering processes for the implementation of BCM projects
- Manage the company Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statements on an annual basis and update as appropriate.
- Ensure implementation of Safety management system across all company locations.
- Ensure that Local Policy Statements/Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments are produced and quality assured.
- Secure procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other irregular visitors to the company comply with relevant legislation and company safety policies
- Devise, develop and monitor and enhance effective Risk Assessment and management practices and make recommendations on the implementation of these practices
- Review health and safety policies, procedures and guidance, in keeping with best practice and make recommendations on their implementation
- Provide advice and technical information where appropriate to senior managers and all line managers to enable the company to discharge its statutory, common and moral obligations as related to HSE, keeping staff and Managers abreast of changes in HSE Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Provide, or where necessary source, training for staff in relation to Health and Safety policies, practice and procedures.
- Manage all functions of the Health and Safety department such as HSE orientation , inspection, HSE assessment
- Supervise / carry out or arrange workplace safety audits and ensure that any remedial recommendations are implemented.
- Manage and maintain a robust accident reporting and investigating system to provide management reports on a regular and / or adhoc basis
- Prepare and maintain required HSE statistics and key performance indicators for review and report / update to senior management accordingly
- Investigate or arrange for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action
- Track & Optimise resource utilisation for most efficient execution
- Monitor progress of all BCM SPOCs and report on daily/weekly/monthly and yearly basis
- Manage matters related to compliance with HSE requirements of various Regulatory Authorities
- Maintain accident statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary
- Assist and support Departments in the preparation of HS&E risk assessments.
- Monitor the availability and appropriateness of risk assessments and, where necessary, safe working practices.
- Maintain a register of First Aiders and ensure the adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities.
- Ensure all First Aiders are appropriately trained, and (subject to qualification)
- Provide training to members of Ooredoo staff to enable them to become First Aiders.
- Meet and cooperate with visiting health, safety and environmental officers as required.
- Undertake effective risk assessments on all hazardous materials to manage the handling and use of such substances, review those assessments at least annually
- implement the company Fire and Evacuation Procedure and monitor its effectiveness by undertaking fire evacuation drills on all site
- Prepare annual inspection plans for company premises (stores, sites, technical buildings, offices and project sites) and provide inspection reports
with recommendations and actions
- Be the catalyst for activity and commitment to environmental management
- Ensure, at minimum, legal compliance and reduce risk of non-compliance
- Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programs to deliver these
- Promote and coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability
- Manage the company recycling and waste management procedures
- Report Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences as per the appropriate Regulations
- Provide regular reports related to HS&E to include:
- LTI's reports
- RTA reports
- Fatalities reports
- Run feedback sessions with BCM SPOCs to document lessons learnt
- Manage contract details for Cost Management
- Manage the creation of a repository for Quality Management (Lessons Learned)
- Control Communications Management to ensure timely and effective flow of information
- Manage communication planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and administrative closure
- Manage the team on a daily basis including resolving issues and maintaining high motivation levels within the team
- Ensure the team has in place performance contracts, are regularly appraised and are developed to ensure the highest level of knowledge and capability across the unit.
You should have minimum of 8 years work experience in health and safety out of which2 years in a supervisory role, in depth knowledge of HSE processes and standards , familiar with world class licenses/quality standards, in depth knowledge and experience of HSE process and procedures, in depth experience of reporting and implement environmental management, strong knowledge of HSE reporting, MS Office Proficiency, fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic with a bachelor degree.
- Report Writing
- Health and Safety Education
- HSE monitoring
- Data Analysis
- Policy and process development
- Communicating Effectively
- Planning & Organising
- People Management
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving and decision making
- Customer focused
- Risk aware
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.