Job description / Role
One of the largest regional engineering services organization is looking for an Omani Head of IT for their office based in Muscat. Part of senior management, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business where IT is central to the group strategy.
* Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
* Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
* Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
* Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
* Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
* Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems
* Audit systems and assess their outcomes
* Preserve assets, information security and control structures
* Handle annual budgets and ensure cost effectiveness
* Omani national
* Proven working experience in a senior IT role - ideally within engineering services or oil and gas companies
* Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems
* Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
* Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
* BSc/ BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Outstanding communication abilities
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.