Job description / Role
About the Role:
WSP are putting together a team of professionals to be presented in our Bid/Tender for the Design of a road project in Oman. The team will include a Highway Geometric Design Team Leader with over 15 years experience on roads and Infrastructure projects.
A typical week would include:
* Act as the owners' representative on all matters related to design.
* Develop and implement design management plan including an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for the project.
* Help the client establish correct design requirements, standards, and specifications.
* Lead design management tasks on behalf of the WSP team.
* Ensure that tasks assigned to design team are done correctly and in timely fashion.
* Prepare letters and instructions on behalf of the client.
* Support the contract management teams in reviewing claims related to design
* Provide technical support and control of the design program with direct responsibility for design review, coordination, monitoring of design schedules, design drawings, documentation.
* Responsible for reviewing design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Professional Membership.
* Minimum 15 years of Geometric Highway Design experience.
* People managing skill, with excellent written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who pwe are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.