Job description / Role
A major conglomerate seeks a senior HR leader to lead a large team, provide strategic direction to the HR function and business partner support to the Executive team.
A major conglomerate based in Oman
* Provide strategic direction to the HR function
* Work with the executive board on HR direction
* Assess talent pools and up skill Omani and expat talent
* Strong understanding of local Omani labour laws to handle employee life cycle including grievances
* Create structured policies and procedures using best practice HR initiatives
* Create robust performance management programme and elicit engagement from all leaders to implement it
* Employee engagement and develop reward initiatives
* Recruitment of local and expat talent relevant to the company industry
A competitive salary package on offer
* Omani National
* Must have proven experience of handling a large employee population over 1000 and ideally in a major group, multinational or conglomerate
* Very strong understanding of local Omani labour law
* Proven strategic HR implementation and working with Executive leaders
* Arabic speaker
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.