Job description / Role
Install and maintain a highly efficient and functional computer system and network; a thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems; build, update and maintain a computer system and network to optimize the role of technology for professional sustainability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, school phones, smart boards, televisions, projectors and scanners.
- Maintain and ensure that all computer hardware is working.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications; ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Diagnose and resolve problems associated with technology and equipment.
- Maintain records and logs of repairs, fixes and establish an effective maintenance schedule.
- Assist in social media applications (photo editing, uploading and photography) if needed.
- Maintain the Al Shomoukh International School website.
- Effectively use and follow up using a biometric system.
- Ensure that all electric devices in the school are closed by the end of each day.
- Set up the sound system for school assemblies and events.
- Take photos of school, students, staff and parents when needed.
- Send SMS to parents if approved by Vice principal or Head of Administration
- Ensure all cameras are functioning properly and resolve any issues related in a timely manner.
- Submit quotations to the Global Education Services Accounts Department prior to any needed purchase.
- Bachelors in Information technology or Computer Engineering
- A minimum of Two Years Experience as an IT technician
- Fluent in English
- Experienced with different IT infrastructure, Network, CCTV, Firewall etc
About the Company
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
IT Technical Support
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Assistant IT Manager
IT Admin Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
IT System Administrator
Easy World Automation