Job description / Role
Our client, an international law firm, is seeking to hire a Legal Secretary-Omani National for their Muscat office, to provide secretarial and administrative support for partners, managers and associates to assist the smooth running of their assigned work group and department.
• Managing the lawyers’ calendars by scheduling appointments, court appearances and litigation deadlines, and following-up with lawyers to ensure deadlines are met;
• To create and amend documents, correspondence and e-mails to ensure compliance with legal procedures and correct grammatical usage, using FileSite document management system and audio dictation and manuscripts to a high degree of accuracy and often to tight deadlines; tracking changes in completed documents using Track Changes;
• Compiling motion records and briefs, and transcribing letters and/or dictated proceedings as needed;
• To open new clients on system, together with preparation of client files including correspondence, supporting documents etc.
• Preparing standard litigation proceedings, first drafts of various pleadings, orders and other court documents;
• Time recording;
• To handle certain invoicing procedures and entering date in multiple systems as for instance for billing and/or time entries;
• To schedule meetings, taking phone calls from clients in associates’ absence presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other outside parties;
• To arrange travel and accommodation, to prepare and send LPOs and to keep track of itineraries;
• To provide general administrative assistance – scanning, filing, photocopying, processing expense forms etc.;
• Provide support to other people in the office and carry out other general administrative tasks as required; arranging courier deliveries; and
• Carry out or provide support for conflict of interest searches as needed
• secretarial support to the Work Group using FileSite, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• Omani national;
• Education to at least a diploma level; a secretarial qualification is desirable;
• At least two years experience as a legal secretary in a law firm;
• A good communication skills, excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
• An excellent IT-skills in MS Office;
• Fast and accurate audio typing experience and excellent attention to detail;
• Be organised and have the ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Be a team player but have he ability to work independently; and
• Have good interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and be adaptable and flexible.
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.