Job description / Role
Purpose of job:
To oversee & manage the functions of the department for projects related to construction and renovations, facilities management & HSE. Responsible for overseeing all installations, repairs and upkeep operations of an organization's facilities.
• To manage & supervise projects pertaining to construction activities.
• To prepare and submit proposal to business divisions for works pertaining to expansions, additions and alterations of showroom, ware houses & yards etc, as per the division requirement.
• To review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise the division who required the services as to how best to achieve required results.
• To guide the team of engineers in preparing the scope of works & checking the same and floating the tenders for the proposed works required by the divisions and to evaluate tender and recommend to the management
• To oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms, as well as institutional, state, and local entities and ensure project is completed on time and within budget.
• To monitor and administer the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
• To certify contractor’s payments on completion of works.
• To manage & supervise the maintenance staff solving technical issues at sites. Plan, execute and manage maintenance operations of assigned buildings and properties.
• To negotiate contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work.
• To visit maintenance sites and guide the team on technical aspects as necessary to solve issues as and when required based on the nature of works
• To ensure that AMC are signed with vendors for AC’s, elevators, fire fighting / alarm systems and ensure the servicing are done in an acceptable manner and to ensure that Maintenance operations of AMC’s are in compliance with specifications
• To perform advanced troubleshooting of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
• Display the ability to train and mentor other engineers as necessary.
• To ensure health and safety policies are complied with
Housekeeping / Security
• To manage the housekeeping activities to ensure proper adherence to the housekeeping schedule
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience required
• Proven experience as maintenance manager
• Experience in planning maintenance operations
• Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
• Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
• Ability to keep track of and report on activity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Education & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Relevant Engineering Branch (Electrical or Mechanical) with Minimum 15 Years’ Experience in Operation and Maintenance of MEP system i.e. ELV Systems (Parking Management system, Access Control, UPS, CCTV, BMS, Fire Alarm etc.), Mechanical, AC & Ventilation systems, Electrical system, Firefighting system etc.
About the Company
Personnel Selexions, India's Premier Executive Selection Firm and a part of the 'PSS Group', which includes Personnel Search Services (India), Lobo Staffing Solutions Pvt. Ltd. & Lobo Management Services (Middle East). As a Group we operate across India (Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad) and the Middle East (Dubai).