Job description / Role
Our client is proud to be working in partnership in Oman in developing and building a world-class technical training curriculum and facilities to support the Oil & Gas industry need for qualified manpower in the country.
The role of the Instructor/Assessor is to design and deliver technical training to meet business and learner objectives. Incumbent will facilitate training and associated competency assessment activities.
* Promote a pro-active safety culture within a live plant training facility and associated facilities.
* Ensure the safe and effective delivery of courses.
* Use resources in a safe and efficient manner.
* Promote a positive behavioral culture at the Client Training facility.
* Train and assess learners to internationally accredited vocational training standards.
* Perform "On the Job" competency assessments to international recognized awarding body standards utilizing the live plant facility.
* Ensure effective teamwork with Client and colleagues by sharing resources, information and ideas.
* Ensure curriculum is delivered on schedule and to client's satisfaction and to International training standards.
* Manage learning to ensure equal opportunities and participation of all learners.
* Coach and support learners who may experience difficulties with the curriculum.
* Promote dialogue and involvement amongst all learners.
* Responsibility for administration duties related to training, e.g., trainee absence records, track trainee behavior, development of course materials, invigilation of exams and assessments.
* Propose revisions to the curriculum and delivery methods for purpose of continuous improvement.
* Participate in Quality Audits.
* Report and assist investigation of accidents and near misses.
* Perform Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks and Safety Audits with trainees.
* Ensure own continuous professional development through participation in training and development activities.
* Work with trainees to identify issues and carry out routine maintenance requirements within area of delivery.
* Knowledge, Skills & Experience expected:
* Information Technology - use of PC systems and appropriate keyboard skills.
* In depth technical knowledge of skills in your field of operation.
* Ability to teach effectively using a variety of pedagogical methods.
* Team orientation and willingness to share information.
* Proactive approach to training and development of learners.
* Ability to effectively communicate with trainees of varying age, nationality and academic level.
* Positive self-image.
* Discipline and control behavior in line with expectations on a client facility.
* Flexibility to work in an adaptable environment.
* Cultural awareness.
Minimum Qualifications required:
* Minimum 5 years' hands-on practical work experience in the upstream production Oil & Gas sector.
* NVQ Level 3 as a Technician/Operator (Oil and Gas) OR a recognized apprentice level qualification OR an HNC in a relevant area OR Diploma or higher relevant qualifications.
* Assessor qualification is a must.
* A minimum of five years' experience in delivering Mechanical Oil and Gas maintenance training courses for the energy sector and a minimum of 5 years working as a Technician or Supervisor.
* Information Technology - Use of PC Systems (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook) and appropriate keyboard skills.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in delivering engineering or production operations competence based vocational training and education to international vocational training standards.
In return, you will receive:
* Total package of $9,200 per month
* Medical Insurance
* 30 days annual leave
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for a Chemical Manufacturing Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Ras Al Khaimah||8 Jan|
Senior Engineer (Mechanical) - Capital Asset Stewardship (Upcoming)
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance