Job description / Role
• Conduct necessary research into consumer trends within the food and hospitality industry and creatively translate these into service enhancements.
• Design food and beverage specifications and guidelines suitable for Oman Airs passenger profile, cultural and religious preferences and network.
• Create exciting new cuisine concepts, and prepare these in the kitchen for tasting and review. Champion new cuisine improvements through demonstration, coaching and testing with caterers.
• Support the Manager of Menu Development on launch of all new concepts from specifications, menu presentations, costing review, negotiations and launch.
• Work within budgetary constraints but willing and able to challenge caterers to meet the Oman Air standards.
• Prepare menu descriptions and liaise with project teams for translation and editing.
• Ensure that product specifications are accurately captured and documented.
• Monitor crew feedback against specifications and continuously improve in presentation and flavour profiles.
• Support the design team in providing feedback on dining and serving equipment.
• Conduct random catering inspection to ensure meal preparation and services are within HACCP standards.
• Demonstrate cuisine structure and concepts to the Service Training team and provide on the job training to trainees on plating techniques, food hygiene and cuisine appreciation.
• Actively participate in all internal decision making forums and committees to ensure effective representation of the in-flight services department.
• Where required, represent Oman Air in culinary panels, competitions and supplier trade events.
• Perform any other duty assigned by the Company.
• Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in hotel / hospitality management with 04 years of relevant experience preferably within an airline / star hotel operational role.
• Or Two years college Diploma in a related discipline preferably in hotel / hospitality Food & Beverages management with 06 years of relevant experience.
• Or Specialised certificate from a reputable culinary school / license in the related filed with Secondary School certificate and having 10 years of WY experience in similar field / areas.
• Must have hands on experience in cuisine design, cooking, and presentation.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.