Job description / Role
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with a major Construction company based in Oman. Due to growth within the Middle East, they have an exciting opening for an MEP General Manager to manage their highly successful Engineering and Construction division.
Reporting to the COO, the successful General Manager shall manage the entire division for both Supply and installation currently generating multi million $ revenues with a total staff strength of over 400.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for successfully delivering the following:
• Supervising Project Managers of MEP projects, Cold Rooms and AC Projects (AC ,ducted splits, package units, VRF systems, and Chillers).
• Actively involved in Tendering / Estimation / Negotiations for successfully generating MEP / HVAC contracts
• Ownership for growth, achieving sales plans through proper pricing, customer satisfaction and implementation of business plans
• Provide leadership to the functions of sales, projects and service
• Excellent PR activities are required to acquire new projects through technical and business insight.
• Understanding market strategies, competitors, in-depth understanding of local market, main contractors and consultancy firms and a who's who outlook is a strategic factor to achieve targets.
• Lead the Annual Budgeting exercise and in ensuring that the numbers committed are met by the team.
• Coordinates resources to appropriately balance strategic objectives with financial return (profit) and efficient use of financial assets (including working capital).
• Accountability for the financial and operational performance, contractual compliance, management & leadership of management staff and associated employees, maintenance of client relationships, and support for the development of new clients and solutions.
• BSc Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Must have GCC experience with Oman being a plus
• Must have experience within a contracting/construction company managing MEP and HVAC projects
• Must have worked as a Project Manager with a minimum of 15-20 years previous experience in managing multiple projects
• Experience in the preparation of tenders, procurement, and in acquiring contracts though proper pricing and negotiating with clients
• Excellent communication skills with consultants, clients, and main contractors
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.
Ignite Search & Selection
Head of MEP
Senior Project Manager
MEP Director - Critical Services - Hyperscale Data Centres
MEP Construction Manager - Airport Terminal