Job description / Role
• The incumbent will be fully responsible to successfully manage, execute, complete and handover multiple MEP projects related to civil construction projects like Malls, Hotels, Hospitals, High Rise Towers and Villas/luxury facilities and coordinate with civil execution team.
• Attending regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc. ) with Clients and Consultants to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions
• Assists in the development of standard operating procedures relevant to mechanical/electrical
• and plumbing engineering
• Monitoring project budgets and schedule and oversee performance to ensure on time, quality and on budget project execution
• Prepare periodic reports for management including status of budgets, variance/change claims, schedules, disputes, up-coming activities & safety records
• Ensure that the health and safety requirements are provided and that they comply with authorities regulations
• Provides guidance, managerial, technical support to complete project team
• Analyze drawings, specifications and statements of work in the preparation of activity networks for project resource planning and scheduling
• Mobilizes and manages relevant project resources, materials, tools and related issues in accordance with the project plan
• Prepares engineering reports, budgets, tender documents, cost estimates and assists in the evaluation of proposal
• Lead and manage testing & commissioning of all MEP systems, handover of the project including close-out documentation for obtaining Completion and Maintenance
• BE/B.Tech Mechanical or Electrical with min. 20 years experience of handling MEP activities in Civil Construction projects like Commercial and Residential Buildings, Hospitals, Shopping-malls & retail outlets. The candidate must have at least 10 years Gulf experience.
• Ability to complete assigned projects within approval budgets and stipulated time-frames
• Ability to communicate in logical and coherent manner with all levels in the organisation
• Strong orientation towards the HSE standards and procedures
• Business awareness with financial acumen.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Resident Construction Engineer / Mechanical (Expat)