Job description / Role
Officer - Compliance & Standard (Oman Ground Handling)
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program.
- Advise management on the company's compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Design and develop training for ground operation service units in accordance to regulations of Oman Ground Handling Ground Operations policies and procedures and best practices.
- Provide trainings for Ground Operations staffs at stations or base airport.
- Train, monitor and ensure standards are being adhered in ground operations units.
- He-she will adhere to the syllabus of the different programs, for Initial and Recurrent training.
- Train staffs-Equipment operators on safely operations and all facilities are well maintained in good condition in GSE department.
- Deliver the trainings as per the operations requirements.
- Give adhoc trainings sessions subject to staff as per operations demand.
- Coordinate and communicate with ground operations Training Coordinator and plan trainings to ensure maximum attendance.
- Motivate staffs and encourage exceeding expectations by the trainings delivered.
- Ensure that skills are upgraded to meet job requirements and enhance work related performance and professional skill by delivering courses enthusiastically.
- Provide trainings to teams in class rooms and on-site for better understating and clarity.
- Jointly work with operations team and provide On Job Trainings (OJT) for new recruits.
- Train teams on HSE policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate, comprehensive reporting as required.
- Staff shall be responsible and accountable to adhere safety policies and procedures.
- Line Manager holds the authority to change the job responsibilities assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline with 2 years of relevant experience as Ground Trainer / Line Trainer in Aviation industry.
- OR Two year college Diploma Holder in a related discipline preferably in Aviation or equivalent with IATA (TTT) (or equivalent) having 06 Years of work experience in Ground Operations or Aviation (minimum 2 operational work areas as Apron, Dispatch, cargo, Baggage handling & Load control).
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.