Job description / Role
Required to join a property developer in Oman. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure the implementation of planning and cost reporting systems and apply strong cost control mechanisms.
• Work with project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area and identify required tasks to complete project on time.
• Monitor the actual cost of the project and compare it to the estimated cost identifying discrepancies and variations of these estimates.
• Continually assess cost performance on the project to track and report control budgets and forecast expected final outcome.
• Monitor, review & track the different work schedules for all delivery, by reviewing necessary data and conducting site visits to assess the performance and progress, to ensure they are in line with the agreed terms.
• Analyze project status, report on contractual issues, determine critical path activities and provide necessary corrective actions if necessary to ensure the project remains on track.
• Monitor, analyze trends, forecast and report on project programs and costs .
• Keep abreast on all project changes and analyze their impact on the overall cost of the project, continually assess cost performance and report against budget periodically and communicate cost performance status to budget owners.
• Assist with the development of requirements of cost recording, reporting, analyzing standards, programs, reports and its implementation.
• Maintain & track all the records related to Claims & Variation Orders.
• Coordinate and develop project annual-spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance.
• Prepare cash-flow and payment schedule analysis and provide data inputs into financial models.
• Contribute in preparing project budgets by anticipating required resources and technical requirements.
• Coordinate and liaise with consultants and contractors on a regular basis to review project status.
• Review and audit contractor cost control procedures and practices.
• Coordinate or develop appropriate internal and external benchmarking and technical limits.
• Consolidate monthly progress reports from consultants and contractors throughout the various stages of the project and ensure all follow ups are carried out.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering
Knowledge & Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in a similar project or field
• Proven experience in planning and cost control of engineering projects
Strong knowledge in:
• Project Planning
• Project Coordination
• Cost Engineering
• Schedule Control
• Construction Management
• FIDIC & Local law
• Primavera 6
• MS Project
About the Company
CG Resourcing are a boutique recruitment company specialising in supplying mainly white collar professionals to the construction and engineering industry throughout the world. Our main center of operations are the Middle East and Africa regions although we also have experience of recruiting for Australasia, Russia, Western and Eastern Europe and throughout Asia. All CG Resourcing staff have over 15 years of experience of recruiting for the construction and engineering markets both in the UK and throughout the World so are true experts in their field!
We aim to work with our clients on a one to one basis so we can develop a unique understanding of their exact requirements, offering them a truly bespoke recruitment service that address's all of their requirements. Our service can be tailor made to cater for mass recruitment, campaigns, one off executive placements or multiple placements on large construction projects.
We are able to source candidates of any level and from any part of the world and are now the trusted recruitment partners of many industry leading construction organisations!
- Construction - build and civils
- Rail and metro.
- Bridges and building structures
- Highways and infrastructure
- Project Management.
- Health and Safety
- Planning and Project Controls
- Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration.
- Environmental and Geotechnical
- Facilities Management
- Human resources, finance and support services, Administration