Job description / Role
• Please note it is essential that you have Planning experience within the Oil & Gas construction sector to be considered for this position alongside offering experience working within a Construction Contracting business (not only client/consultancy).
• Additionally this is a site based position so it is suitable for applicants on Single Person Status with no family cover.
• This is a staff position involving hands on planning and scheduling duties on a petrochemical project involving engineering, civil and earth work construction activities. Building overall plans and schedules for conceptual, front-end designs and for the execution phase of projects, providing plans and schedules for ad-hoc construction service requests, integrated maintenance plans.
• Develop, in conjunction with project engineers, design engineers, construction & maintenance engineers, activity plan for projects, construction services and CSU activities.
• Undertake all duties in accordance with company internal controls, policies, requirements and recognised good practice.
• To ensure all planning and project control operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
• Preparation of Baseline Project Planning Package – including WBS, Baseline Schedule using Primavera, Resource Loading, S-Curves, Progress Measurement and a Schedule Basis Memorandum.
• Developing and maintain detailed Project schedules for Engineering, Procurement and Construction phases.
• Ensure active engagement of project team members through assigning of daily, weekly and monthly tasks/targets through look ahead schedules.
• Collect periodic updates and prepare daily, weekly and monthly updates of the Project. Schedule and Progress Measurement including re-forecasting of Schedule and Resources.
• Highlight any matters to relevant line manager that will adversely affect the cost and schedule of the Project programme.
• Implement KPI reporting – productivity and progress to support forecast of time and cost by offering trend information.
• Create Schedule variance reports at least monthly.
• Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports (Internal / External).
• Assist with record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
• Cooperation and liaison with the company’s Operations Manager to ensure sound planning operation of all ongoing projects to ensure successful outcomes of all operations.
• Any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager.
• BSc or equivalent in Civil engineering
• Minimum 5 years of Primavera P3e and SAP on Oil & Gas engineering, construction, CSU and maintenance activities in an EP related business and/or a contracting company servicing a petrochemical client.
• Held previous roles such as Planner / Project Controls Engineer.
• Experience in Primavera P3e and 6.0
• Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous (PMP, CIOB etc)
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Senior Planning Engineer - Desalination / Wastewater
|Saudi Arabia||6 Feb|
Section Engineer - Scheduler
Manpower Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||12 Feb|
Senior Project Controls Manager