Job description / Role
Poultry Processing Plant Manager “Slaughterhouse Manager”
10000 BPH x 2 production lines
A green field project for poultry “Broiler” production in Sultanate of Oman is planning to build a processing plant to produce broiler 15% fresh / 85% frozen whole chicken and 10% cutups with total capacity of 200000 bird / day. This role is for an experienced individual looking to take the next step in their career. The Plant Manager will be responsible for the slaughterhouse plant building and machineries erection at the project stage. In the production stage he will oversee the full scale slaughter and processing facility, all the process from receiving until finished products and maintenance. As well to plan, organize and control production, ensuring efficiency, deadlines, budgets and high industry standards in production processes are all met and adhered to.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Assist in planning, procurement of machineries, supervision of the plant construction and machineries erection and commissioning.
- Manage and oversee the installation of all the machineries for Chicken Slaughter House in close coordination with project consultants.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Poultry Science, Agricultural Science, Food Technology/Nutrition/Dietetics or veterinary or related field from an accredited institution OR 15 years equivalent education and experience.
- At least 10-15 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Must have experience & references of installing, commissioning and running a Chicken Slaughter Houses with at least 6000 BPH or more capacity.
- Excellent use of English language (written and oral)
- HACCP qualifications
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
- Hands on attitude and active involvement in slaughterhouse operations
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.