Job description / Role
Educate children between the ages of 6 and 12 under a prescribed curriculum to develop students’ literacy and numeracy skills. The primary teacher needs to foster the social and emotional growth of each student. The primary teacher will teach a variety of subject areas; Mathematics, English, Arabic, Islamic, Science, ICT-technology, Arts and Physical education.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
• Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
• Plan and deliver lessons that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals.
• Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
• Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
• Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
• Establish and affect rules for acceptable behavior.
• Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
• Make referrals for assistance where necessary.
• Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
• Contribute to educating students educational needs and attainment potential.
• Plan daily and long-term lesson plans according the prescribed curriculum. Assess, evaluate and assign appropriate work for students.
• Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative activities including art, sport and music.
• Maintain productive working habits and discipline in the classroom. Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
• Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders including parents, students, colleagues and heads of the department.
• Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
• Participate in school assemblies, staff, group or other meetings.
• Organize, attend and supervise school activities; excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
• Contribute to Individual Education Plan conferences and reviews of officially identified students.
• Ensure a Contact Book is daily updated in appropriate cases.
• Collaborate with parents, the Special Educational Needs Coordinator and others supporting the students.
• Contribute to developing and implementing the Individual Education Plan or Individual Behavioral Plan of identified students.
• Participate and present professional development seminars.
• Embrace high standards of professional practice through peer review and observation.
• Provide extra-curricular activity once per week after lesson dismissal time.
• Provide opportunities for Education Outside the Classroom.
• Maintain accurate records of class attendance and student progress.
• Apply and follow-up on approved disciplinary interventions.
• Organize the classroom displays and learning resources.
• Prepare lesson materials and resources in accordance with the school’s procedures.
• Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
• Organize trips for your students and co-ordinate with your Head of Department and Head of Trips and Activities.
• Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
• Ensure to upload students daily and weekly assessment results onto iCampus before the end of the week – this must be done regularly.
• Communicate with parents via the parent portal on a regularly basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages with 24 hours.
• Ensure display boards are showcasing students works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
• Assist in after-school late room duties.
• Required to attend duties assigned by the Head of Supervision.
• (Primary Teacher is responsible for teaching English, Math, Science & Arts subjects)
• Bachelors of Education or its equivalent: (example; Bachelors of Elementary Education, Bachelors of Primary Education).
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a primary teacher, with verified experience letters letter headed, signed and stamped by the school.
• Not older than 58 Years old.
• Grades 1-4, Females.
• Grades 5-6 Males and Females.
About the Company
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.