Procurement QA/QC Engineer
Job description / Role
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements, Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Provide QA support required to facilitate procurement for and project scope.
- Serve as QA Procurement Subject Matter Expert on project teams, review and provide input for all phases of the acquisition process.
- Coordinate and/or perform Supplier Surveillance and vendor evaluations and performance monitoring. Develop plans and reports, and communicate results on procurement QA issues.
- Evaluate bid proposals and make recommendations based on proposed programs/tasks in the area of assignment.
- Develop, document, and communicate the planning of all QA support functions through the project life cycle, including estimating resources necessary to provide QA support functions from conceptual design through turnover to operations.
- Perform internal and external assessments, evaluations, audits, and surveillance. Plan, prepare, conduct, and report on surveillance, assessments, and monitoring of quality-related activities in assigned areas.
- Develop qualification programs on tasks concurrent with other phases such as design and fabrication to better evaluate and minimize future quality problems.
- Propose and incorporate alternative solutions to existing problems for continuous improvement. Perform all detailed work necessary to implement actions needed to incorporate the best alternatives.
- Support facility/project needs within the assigned area by conducting reviews/approvals in areas such as procedures, procurement documents, and design output documents.
- Coordinate corrective action responses for external assessments, audits, or surveillance.
- Review, issue, track, follow-up, and close various deficiency documents.
- Provide input on project plans and requirements to mitigate potential QA program problems during project execution with the intent of obtaining high-quality deliverable meeting project requirements and objectives.
- Provide project QA guidance and support, compliance oversight, and subject matter expertise in effectively implementing the Integrated Safety Management, QA, and continuous improvement processes.
- Certification with continuing technical training may be required for the performance of inspections and surveillance activities. Specialized training may also be required to support certain technical areas
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Additional Information
- Relocation benefits are available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical discipline (Engineering or Science) and 10+ years of relevant work experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, or Engineering in the fields of procurement, operations, construction, or industrial manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of ASME, ASTM, NACE, and ISO standards.
- ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor certification and auditing experience is a must.
- Welding and NDT certifications are preferable.
- General computer skills for preparing documents and use of spreadsheets for compiling and analyzing data.
- Strong written and oral communication, teamwork, and vendor interface coordination skills.
About the Company
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd. (CPP) is committed to becoming a world-class, integrated service provider for oil and gas storage and transportation facilities. We adhere to our core values: challenging ourselves, cultivating a meticulous work ethic, promoting teamwork, promoting innovation, and ensuring safety and harmony. We are dedicated to providing quality services and creating value for our clients. We create wealth and value for our staff, and also serve the community.
We are constantly developing to meet global demand with our high-end, special, and differentiated services. Our business covers onshore and offshore pipelines, storage facilities, technical services for pipelines, telecommunications and electricity installation and maintenance, above-ground facilities for oilfields, LNG processing and receiver facilities, and refinery facilities. We are able to build and manage facilities throughout the lifecycle of the products，and can also provide one-stop service, from consultation, to surveying, to design, to procurement, to construction, to start-up, operation and maintenance; We also provide research and development services as well as machinery manufacturing for our clients.
We have built over 100,000 km of oil and gas pipelines, over 200 km of offshore pipelines, 32 million m3 of oil storage tanks, 26 million m3 of underground oil storage, 50 refining facilities, 22.5 million tons of LNG terminals and over 100 oilfield processing plants and telecommunication and electricity facilities. In 2017, we ranked 68th in ENR Top Global Contractors.