Job description / Role
- High value & profile project commencing in 2020 with immediate requirement for a Project Director with direct, Construction Contractor business and Marine experience.
- Based on the locality of the role it is preferred that the suitable candidate will be available to work on Single Person status.
- To manage and coordinate all project and site activities, has principal responsibility for ensuring the execution of the project in compliance with all contractual requirements and projected profit margins.
- Ensures optimised resourcing is achieved.
- Coordinates the work of the mobilization team to ensure that all necessary activities are reviewed with actions appropriately assigned, timescales agreed and relevant parties are briefed with new communication channels established where ever necessary.
- Lead preliminary planning stages
- Manage and coordinate resourcing and demobilisation requirements for respective project segments, including staffing and plant to ensure that these are accurate and realistic and that any necessary steps needed to supply resources have been arranged.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the Project Management Team, the development and establishment of the project planning package together with the mechanisms for monitoring subsequent progress against that plan.
- Ensures that corrective action is agreed and implemented at the appropriate level as and when variations from plans occur.
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure that the project monitoring system is implemented adequately and that output on financial performance is reviewed at the appropriate level and frequency to ensure effective control of the project budget.
- Provide adequate resources and expertise on site to ensure the effective supervision, monitoring and control of the work being undertaken to ensure full compliance with all relevant standards and our client’s policy and procedures.
- Client and sub-contractor management
Management & Leadership:
- Ensure that all employees are correctly inducted, understand the organisations goals and work together as one team to achieve these.
- Follow HR policies and procedures to ensure management consistency and enhance employee engagement at all levels.
- Occasionally lead proposal preparation efforts
- Resolve any contractual/legal matters and ensures that appropriate action is taken which does not compromise nor expose our client to unnecessary risk
- Act as the Company’s official representative with clients, suppliers, partners and third party contractors - negotiating terms and conditions where necessary, ensuring that Company interests are both optimised and protected
- Participate in a formal review of the project with relevant parties on completion and identify opportunities for learning and development.
- Establish and maintain good relations with clients, partners and local authorities aimed at safeguarding and promoting our Company’s interest.
- Provide commercial and technical input for the Commercial Department on a continuous review basis, when requested, ensuring that adequate provision is made for all proposed activities.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and approves and manages the implementation of technological advances to enhance our client’s capabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already submitted your interest in this role via an agency or direct application previously, please do not reapply.
- BSc. Engineering, B Tech or BE graduate (Civil)
- 15+ years relevant experience in a Project Management, Earthworks, Civil role
- 5+ years of working experience in the Middle East
- 5+ years of Marine Construction Experience
- Stakeholder Management (for projects valued at $20m+)
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- PDO/OXY/BP/Orpic working experience or exposure
- Experience of managing large scale construction projects and thorough knowledge of general construction contract requirements
- Prince2/ PMP or similar project management qualification
- Relevant QHSE qualifications
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Director - Civil Construction
Gulf Enterprises Exports
Project Manager - Civils Construction
Operations Manager - Civil Buildings Contractor
BAC Middle East
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)