Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking to recruit Electrical Engineers to join our power distribution project for Mazoon Electricity Company (MZEC) in Oman. We are providing consultancy services for Project Management including reviewing, designing, monitoring and supervising the construction of a range of power distribution works across MZEC areas.
The key objectives of the role will be :
- Management of electrical activities for the substation construction and coordination between contractor and his subcontractor for the electrical construction/ installation
- To review and approve the construction program of the electrical woks submitted by the contractors and coordinate with the civil engineers to comply the requirements
- To review and approve the general drawings and engineering calculations submitted by contractor within the described time in the tender and advise the contractor if any modification required.
- To provide assistance to finalize any outstanding issues related to approval, construction of existing construction stations.
- Coordination with any other consultant appointed by the client or any other ministry regarding engineering matters related to the works.
We would like to hear from degree qualified Electrical Engineers with minimum 8 + years of experience in Project Management of Power distribution works.
- Bachelor degree of Engineering in Electrical
- Should have minimum 8 yrs. experience in 11kV and 0.415kV Power distribution works of which 3 years in gulf countries / Oman preferable
- OHL including wooden poles and U/G cable works experience
- Distribution substations works experience
- Experience in Pre and Post Tender activities
- Primary substation execution work experience would be an advantage
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English including report writing
- Knowledge in Project Management Software applications including Primavera preferred
- Candidates with Valid driving license from Oman or Middle East would be given priority.
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Senior Electrical Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy
Electrical Design Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Electrical Project Manager - Billion Dollar Project
Project Manager - 132kV Substation
|Abu Dhabi||13 Dec|