Job description / Role
If you are considering a career in telecommunications, engineering, information technology, economics or business, we can provide you with an opportunity to see what it would be like to work for one of the Sultanate's fastest growing companies, and we would like you to join us.
As short-term internship programme is available for students who are interested in gaining work experience during their vacation, or those wishing to undertake an internship as part of their study programme graduation requirement. It will be in two batches; spring and summer.
- The internship period is for minimum of 2 weeks and maximum of 2 months
- Priority is given to Omani candidates
- Priority is given to candidates in their final year
- A support letter from your university/college is required
- Students with a high GPA will be given priority
- Candidates should apply for training in a department related to their major
- Prior work experience in a large enterprise (preferred)
- Familiar with MS Office (Excel, Project & PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to manage a steep learning curve and "self-study" in order to get familiar with current initiatives.
- The student will work under the supervision of a Ooredoo Oman resource guide, within a relevant project.
- The title and scope of the project will be agreed upon at the beginning of the programme.
- Interns will submit a project report at the end of the programme to the guide.
- At the end of the training programme, a participation certificate and an appreciation letter will be given to each intern.
- Interns will be eligible for a monthly stipend.
- Seeking a Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.