Job description / Role
The main responsibilities of the Project Manager include managing the overall timely delivery of sub contract work packages, mainly comprising of Building Structures, Tank foundations and minor Pipe Lines for the EPC 1, EPC2 and EPC 3 work packages of the Client Refinery project.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director / Project Director of the Construction outfit, you shall have the overall responsibility for the delivery of the construction works within time, cost and quality constraints
- Lead the whole construction delivery team
- Manage and optimise the project's labour, plant / equipment budgeted cost.
- Report to the Project Director and the client on a regular basis on the progress, costs and quality of the project(s) and obtain authority from the client for any decisions/instructions required to ensure continuity in the design function
- Monitoring all work executed, at all stages, to ensure that an accurate and professional service is offered
- Professional interface with other disciplines and clients' representative
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Ensure that the technical teams are adequately resourced
- Ensure that contractual deliverables are produced and issued on time and in compliance with the clients requirements
- Ensure adherence to the procedures described in the project management manual
- Create a positive and proactive approach that drives the whole of the team
- Administration of all contracts with the Contracts team
- Conduct team meetings and direct actions
- Establish staff structure and formal routes of reporting
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Qualified Civil Engineer
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in a Project Manager (Civil Works) within an Oil and Gas environment for a construction contractor
- At least 5 -10 years work experience within the Middle East
- Western Educated
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of staff and Clients at all levels
- Computer literate in the essential MS software, i.e. Word, Excel
- Be able to demonstrate Leadership skills
- Possess advanced team building skills
- Good negotiator
- Commercially aware
- Arabic speaker with Arabic reading skills would be highly advantageous
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).