Job description / Role
To be suitable for this position you must be able to work on Single Status and at Site location.
The role involves contract administration, measurement, preparation of cost estimates, management of change and invoicing in accordance with company internal controls, policies, local legal requirements and recognized good practice. To contribute to the effective running of the Commercial Department and to ensure that the main Quantity Surveying disciplines and competencies are met to the desired standard.
- To ensure all contract commercial operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Administration of contract changes.
- Performing quantity take offs and produce cost estimates
- Performing risk, value management, cost control and cost forecasting;
- Valuing completed work and arranging invoicing/payments;
- Highlight any matters to relevant line manager that will adversely affect the cost and schedule of the Project programme.
- And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager
- BSc. Quantity Surveying or BE graduate (Civil)
- 5+ years relevant experience in civil and infrastructure.
- Previously worked within a Construction Contracting business.
- Held previous roles such as Quantity Surveyor or Contracts Administrator.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 1+ years of working experience in the Middle East
- Previous field experience
- Experience of working on large scale construction projects
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability