Job description / Role
- The Radio System Engineer is an expert specialized in Radio systems, within high level complex integrated projects. The role has the following peculiarities:
- Capability to work in a multicultural environment and interface internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer can act as system engineer, lead engineer, project engineering manager depending from the project and the experience.
- Capability to work closely with vendors and stakeholders to deploy solutions from design to user acceptance.
- Capability to provide System engineering services such as system design, implementation, configuration and commissioning.
- Specialized in Radio Systems engineering, this role will provide System engineering, design, configuration and implementation.
- Engineer will be able to define and implement the design of a Radio system in compliance to established system architecture, project specifications and drawings, security policies, standards and best practices, and author and maintain support documentation
- Engineer will provide technical services for new system proposals including Bill Of Material implementation and system optimization advices
- Engineer will be also able to provide technical documentation such as System Description, System Manual, System Specification, etc.
- Engineer will give all the required inputs for the production of documents such as General Arrangement, System Block Diagrams, System Interconnection, preliminary and as-built drawings, etc
- Engineer will participate in meeting with customers, consultants, manufacturers and other technical personnel.
- Engineer will work in a team of Engineers and will coordinate with them when required.
- Knowledge of the RF propagation in the HF (ground wave and ionospheric), VHF, UHF and higher ranges for LOS and VSAT connections implementation
- Capability to select the proper Radio System devices (Antennas, RF Cables, Lighting protection, Connectors, etc.) in order to design the System in full compliance with the specifications
- Knowledge of the main Tools and Software for coverage study and link budget analysis (i.e. Radio mobile, Pathloss, Vocap, ASAPS 6 or NEC)
- Knowledge of DMR (TIER II and TIER III) technology and related devices configuration (repeater, radio, Server, etc.)
- Knowledge of the TETRA technology and related devices configuration (repeater, radio, Server, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Data Communications and Network Systems appropriate to Radio Systems.
- Capability to estimate the impact of a mutual interference among different antennas, (even if they are part of different systems) coexisting in a given area in order to provide optimization of the system design.
- Knowledge of Radar Technology
- Proficient Pc Skills Including Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Project and Presentation Software, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent (required).
- 4+ years working knowledge of Radio Communications including HF, VHF, UHF and Trunk radio Systems (Portable, Mobiles, repeaters, Base Stations). Design, Implementation, Site Supervision and Commissioning
- Specific Radio System Certifications (e.g. vendors certifications)
- English (fluent written and spoken) is required.
- Arab (preferred skill).
- Teamwork skills, Communication Skills, Presentation and Facilitating skills.
About the Company
Page Europa, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has more than 50 years experience in the implementation of large scale industrial, civil and military turnkey projects worldwide.
Page Europa today is a world-class engineering, integration and installation company, supplying fully-integrated, large and complex solutions including:
- Fixed and transportable telecommunications, information systems and networks
- Intrusion detection, access control, anti-sabotage, video-surveillance and security systems
- Local and remote automation for all Industries, including SCADA, DCS, PLC, ESD, application software, etc.
- Integrated HMI, software design, development and integration