Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
We are looking for a Senior Architect to join Oman business, as part of a dynamic young and growing architectural design team. This team member designs, plans, schedules, organizes, and coordinates the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with the Principal Architect.
- Architectural Design
- Team Leading
- Client Interface
- Win work
- Design Coordination
- Interface with Statutory Authorities
- Design research
- Site back-up
- Mentoring, supervision and management of junior staff
- Coordinate and lead the assigned team of Architects and Technicians on a day to day basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout
- Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project
- Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget
- Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team
- Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc
- Responsible, with guidance from senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in all the Gulf states.
The office in Muscat has been established since 1983 and is the recognised leading design consultancy in the Sultanate of Oman. Its 110 plus staff provides multidisciplinary design and supervision services to primarily the built environment in Oman with a focus on hospitality and mixed use developments.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Ability to fulfill all the above duties and responsibilities
- Developed architectural design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines
- Extensive project experience
- Developed leadership skills
- Developed communication skills
- Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives
- Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Understanding of Atkins' commercial management of projects
- Understanding of scope definition and scope interface
- Developed presentation skills
- Proficiency in REVIT, word processing and presentation programs
- Knowledge of standard statutory authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles
- Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community
- Ability and will to update knowledge
- Business social networking interest
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program
- B.Arch or B.Sc in Architecture
- Minimum 8 years post graduate experience
- International institute membership (or in process of obtaining)
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).