Job description / Role
Purpose of the job
This role is to carry out concept engineering studies and consultancy level engineering in support of upstream developments. The concept engineering team works with its exploration and development customers to deliver the maximum value from their hydrocarbon opportunities by:
• Identifying and selecting the optimum facilities concepts,
• Working in and leading integrated discipline/business teams.
• Finding innovative and cost effective engineering solutions, that are integrated into the TECOP spectrum, to unlock reserves and to optimise and improve production capacities of the surface facilities.
Most of the upstream development study work is in the pre-DG3 Identify, Assess and Select ORP phases leading to the acceptance of an integrated Development Plan by the appropriate Decision Review Board.
Projects include high profile, strategic business opportunities that utilize conventional and EOR techniques in greenfield and brownfield environments. Such work requires Concept Engineers to play key roles in integrated work teams (i.e. surface/subsurface/wells/operations) that may develop to leadership of such teams over time. Key themes: thermal EOR, chemical EOR, polymer EOR; sour oil and gas.
• Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• SPA FEDM Level 1 preferred
• Candidate should have 8+ years of broad technical experience preferably across Upstream (EP and Gas)
• Skill in relevant Front End/Concept Engineering skills for the Upstream and Front End engineering.
• You should be a technical professional with a technical background, good communication and inter-personal skills coupled with hands-on operating experience.
• You will need the attitude to develop and be effective across a wider skill spectrum (technical, commercial and interpersonal).
• Candidates must have direct and relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: design, construction, commissioning or operations for oil and gas facilities.
• Any previous experience in Upstream Development in general or specifically the development of difficult hydrocarbons (EOR, tight oil and gas, contaminated gas) will be advantageous.
As a Senior Concept/Front End Development Engineer you will be responsible for the surface facilities engineering input into studies in support of Upstream business development opportunities. You are expected to:
• Conduct identification of alternative concept designs and subsequent selection studies for oil and gas production systems in conjunction with subsurface teams to optimise field development plans and lead to high quality decisions in the DRBs
• Manage, coordinate and carry out engineering studies in order to define the selected concepts in terms of technical scope, risk management, lifecycle costs, execution strategy and duration utilising in-house and/or external resources.
• Conduct technical assurance of the study work.
• Coordinate internal and external interfaces and manage their resolution.
• Lead and / or participate in technical and assurance reviews of other projects.
• Contribute to the development of departmental plans and work methods.
• Pursue new technology opportunities.
• To coach and mentor less experienced graduate engineers
• To maintain knowledge sharing with colleagues in the organisation, capturing the lessons learned.
The facilities Capex is in the range of one hundred million to one billion dollars. You will generally be working on complex or larger projects. Associated investments levels vary from two hundred million to two billion dollars. The studies budgets you will be working with are ranging from one hundred thousand to 2 million dollars. The immediate sphere of influence is the study team of which you are a member.
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.
Maintenance Planning and Materials Superintendent
Senior Utilities Design Engineer - UDPA Grade A
Process Commissioning Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)