Senior Inside Sales Coordinator
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Senior Inside Sales Coordinator
Roles and Responsibility
- Collects company data or conducts internal/external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents, strategy development, and/or for support of pursuit efforts for own and other offices.
- Conducts customer, competitor and market research, as required in support of customer and/or opportunity strategy development and provides corresponding analysis.
- Collaborates with the designated core Account team to establish and populate dedicated core account management information repositories (e.g. CSP, SharePoint, Teams) and supports the development of documented customer strategies and related information.
Sales Collateral Development and Knowledge Management
- Co-ordinates and develops sales documents using applicable tools, guidelines and templates.
- Develops and maintains sales qualification materials and supporting information in designated information management or filing systems.
- Interacts with operations personnel to support development of sales material (e.g. conducts interviews of Subject Matter Experts).
- Proofs and edits technical and non-technical documents for consistency.
- Develops customer presentations and represent company as necessary.
- Develops, prepares, and updates/maintains non-opportunity specific / additional sales qualification and reference materials (including résumés, project descriptions and organization charts) in designated information management systems.
- Oversees various knowledge management and database systems, ensures effective use of these tools within the organization, and contributes to further development of these tools.
- Works with supervisor/manager to improve processes, identify/correct problems, and document revisions to procedures.
- Shares information (resumes, project descriptions, qualification data, etc.), knowledge, and best practices with inside sales staff company-wide.
- Develops new or updates existing sales qualification materials for current and future pursuit efforts in order to maximize quality and efficiency of sales document preparation
Opportunity Response Coordination
- Liaise with Outside Sales and the Leadership Team to capture and develop the strategy.
- Organizes and participates in response-related meetings (internal and/or customer), as appropriate.
- Manages response efforts for customer questionnaires, qualifications requests, sales opportunities that are smaller in size and/or complexity, and volumes/sections on larger opportunities.
- Works with inside/outside sales and operating segments to identify response requirements and develop a realistic approach and schedule for the response.
- Monitors progress against the opportunity response plan.
- Coordinates response reviews and approvals.
- Manage the successful development of compliant, competitive, and compelling Proposals, RFIs, Pre-qualifications, and EOIs through effective collaboration across teams that include internal staff, other business lines and or outside partners/suppliers.
- Analyze the customer RFP main requirements and communicate them to the proposal team and management.
- Develop a professionally produced proposal within customer defined timeframes and requirements.
- Assist with Kick-off, Strategy to Win, Proposal technical review and other meetings as necessary.
- Ensure the completed proposal aligns with the customer requirements and the RFP, contains the win themes, is correctly formatted and approved by the location management team.
- Manage bid clarification process and maintain register to track clarifications during bid and post-bid.
- Assist on major proposals that are highly complex bids that may cross multiple offices, business streams, be joint ventures, or be large values, in excess of $100M.
- Participate in the handover of successful proposals to the project team, as required.
- May work with the ISM on larger bids to track and monitor bid and proposal (B&P) budget for selected pursuits. On smaller bids they lead, takes responsibility for this tracking and monitoring.
- Work with capture manager/operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to customer challenges and create a distinct competitive advantage.
General Coordination Activities
- Develops appropriate network within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information, best practices etc. between offices.
- Coordinates with dedicated graphics personnel and outside print vendors as needed.
- May provide graphics and desktop publishing support.
- May provide assistance to sales management for the preparation of weekly/monthly sales reports.
- Work closely with and communicate at a senior management level.
- Takes ownership of our standards to develop/improve, implement and present a consistent appearance/style in compliance with our corporate identity for all business development media (external marketing communications, public relations, project descriptions, qualification packages, presentation graphics, résumés, leaflets, etc.).
- Trains and mentors junior personnel.
- May coordinate ISC and Creative Specialist personnel, as applicable.
- Participation in Sprint campaigns.
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and drive them into sales documents through a disciplined storyboarding process that articulates compelling sales messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
- Works with designated response team members to develop and implement opportunity response plans i.e. activities, deliverables, owners, milestones etc. in alignment with our Sales process.
- Prepares written and graphical elements of sales opportunity response documents such as proposals, qualifications and presentations.
- Coordinates production of response documents (printing, copying, binding, shipping).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree from college or university. Similar working level obtained through relevant job experience may be accepted in lieu of degree level education.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant experience in Sales, Projects, and/or Project Management.
- Technical: Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SharePoint online, and Adobe software suite; technology savvy.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.