Job description / Role
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for growth and profitable underwriting of branch portfolio. Responsible for day to day management of the branch
Role Size & Scope:
• Major role with responsibility for network of 10 branches as well as teams based in Head Office (Retail & Privilege Customer/ Schemes teams)
Principal Challenges :
• Managing profitable growth of Motor business
• Development of non-Motor Personal Lines business and SME business
• Preparation of business case and launch of new branch operations
• Launch and development of Privilege Customers and Schemes business
• Recruitment, retention and development of branch employees
• Plan and manage accounts in line with agreed budgets, performance targets, service standards and wider business objectives.
• Monitor team operational and financial performance and take timely and appropriate action to address issues arising
Technical and Operational:
• Review standard referrals and deliver underwriting decisions following agreed processes at the designated authority level in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
• Provide advice and solutions to subordinates and colleagues to address technical referrals in line with underwriting manual
Business and Customer:
• Grow profitable personal lines business across the branch through retaining renewal business and creating new business opportunities.
• Build and maintain local customer relationships across the local branch area with branch team fully understand local clients needs, strategy, culture, personalities, customer base and decision making and ensure they fully understand the company's propositions.
• Develop, agree and maintain a yearly sales plan for the branch to achieve sales strategy and targets. Manage the effective delivery of plans, involving sales, operations, claims and underwriting colleagues, to ensure Vision achieves the required service and performance.
• Manage the sales pipeline with each of the branches to ensure Vision achieves its annual sales targets.
• Support claims team in management of client claims.
• Support Finance Department with reconciliation of branch accounts and premium collection
• Recruit, lead, coach and motivate a team capable of delivering effective claims management and related business decisions
• Set individual performance targets in line with wider business goals and strategies
• Monitor individual performance against plans and targets taking appropriate action to ensure achievement of agreed goals
• Ensure all staff receive appropriate training and development to support their personal and professional development in the business
• Personally coach and advise individual team members as necessary in order to enhance their effectiveness.
• Ensure regularity in attendance, discipline, adherence to Service regulations, avoid absenteeism.
• Effective staff planning to support Vision’s growth aspirations
Compliance and Control:
• Maintain an effective and proportionate business control environment in line with internal IT policy and external regulatory requirements
• Lead and/ or contribute to technical claims audits and review processes as required
Minimum Academic / Professional Qualification:
• Degree with insurance accreditation such as Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute, UK or similar
Minimum Work Experience:
• 7 years in Insurance and Sales/ Marketing including 3 years in middle management position
Skills & Competencies Required
In depth knowledge and understanding of insurance marketplace including:
• personal lines product range, terms & conditions
• SME product range , terms & conditions
• customer profiles, needs, personal lines market drivers, market context
• Routes to market, portfolio strategy and market positioning, competitors
• Detailed local area / market and commercial environment : emerging risks
• Customer propositions and claim service elements including VIP Client propositions
• Company strategy, business plan and operating environment
• Manage resources and motivate branch team members to enhance efficiency and productivity
• Strong personality and technical command to earn respect from clients, peers and subordinates
• Ability to respond to dynamic issues effectively with discretion and diplomacy, achieve quick resolution and disposition of issues and tasks
• Account planning & management
• Commercial negotiation
• Relationship management
• Team leadership
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.
Vice President – Assistant Vice President Technical
Retail Business Development Manager
Al Habtoor Group
Contracts Manager - Oil & Gas - Contractor