Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
• To provide pipeline integrity management services to the Assets to ensure as far as practically possible that operation under specified operating conditions, there is no foreseeable risk of failure endangering the safety of personnel, environment or asset value and technical integrity can be demonstrated.
• To achieve this, plan and execute integrity assessment and reviews, scope and analyse inspection (inc intelligent pig (IP) inspection, external MFL surveys, UT inspections) on the basis of the P/L maintenance process, including Risk based Integrity assessment.
• Analyse defect data from inspections, prepare remedial action plans (such as sleeving), and initiate early actions to derate, repair or advice on replacement as necessary.
• Maintain records of the condition of all pipelines and develop short and long term action plans, agreed with asset teams.
• Together with Corrosion Engineers in the team own, co-ordinate and manage inspection, corrosion monitoring and mitigation activities and associated budgets for assigned Assets.
• Circa 1000 pipelines and class 1 flowlines, length circa 8000km
• 6”-48” oil / gas/ water service, 2bar – 500bar, up to 10% H2S
• OPEX USD 4-6 million
• Customers: North, South, Government Gas, Infrastructure (MOL, SOGL, MAF)
• Own and maintain the Pipeline Maintenance Reference Plan (MRP) for the asset under own responsibility
• Utilise the MRP along with results from integrity assessment to produce the annual routine and non routine plan for pipeline maintenance, inspection and integrity activities and issue to service providers for execution.
• Utilise results from maintenance, inspection and integrity activities to perform formal integrity assessment at least annually in line with requirements in PC006, SP1210 and RMP 31.40.00.51
• Organize and present annual peer review of draft integrity assessments.
• Compile results of annual integrity assessments into annual summary letters for asset owners.
• Support asset team to ensure all pipelines that have failed their performance standard but remain in operation are subjected to a deviation in FSR.
• Maintain records in CIMS and Pipe-RBA of the condition of all pipelines in assigned teams and develop short and long-term action plans, agreed with asset teams, to ensure the technical integrity and required availability of the systems.
• Chair the Pipeline Integrity Working Group (PIWG) for asset under own responsibility.
• Regularly review variances between plan and actual progress and develop appropriate recovery measures where slippage occurs, keeping the customer informed at all times via the Pipeline Integrity Working Group (PIWG)
• Verify quality of IP data including preparation of scope of work for verification activities.
• Analyse defect data from IP and UT surveys and carry out detailed integrity reviews for inspected lines. Initiate early actions to derate, repair or replace as necessary and prepare scopes of work for remedial actions, such as sleeving where necessary.
• Maintain continuous contact with and ensure prompt feedback of inspection activities to asset team focal point.
• Coordinate close-out of each IP run ensuring appropriate follow-up actions are highlighted and agreed with the asset teams for implementation.
• Prepare, monitor and issue input to annual budgets for pipeline inspection activities in assigned asset teams.
• Share knowledge and experiences with other members of the pipeline maintenance and corrosion services and the wider pipeline services team
• Identify and follow through improvement opportunities for management of pipeline integrity
• Provide input on integrity management of new pipeline developments
• BSc. or equivalent engineering degree with a minimum of 6 - 10 years post-graduate experience in the petroleum industry, of which minimum of 3 years has been spent in Pipeline engineering, Integrity assessments & Inspection or related functions.
• Experience in the interpretation of inspection data, preferably intelligent pig and UT data, and/or the assessment of remaining strength of corroded pipelines (Fit for Purpose analysis) would be an advantage
• Good technical knowledge of pipeline engineering covering mechanical design.
• Good technical knowledge of material and corrosion engineering covering pipeline materials, corrosion threats and corrosion controls.
• To deliver on the job, incumbent requires good interpersonal, communication, report writing, planning and contract management skills to complement the technical knowledge requirement.
• Track record of delivering integrity services and integrity improvement
• Knowledge of pipeline performance standards (PC006)
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.