Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Planning Engineer to work for our client an international construction company for marine project in Duqm, Oman .
• Preparation / updating / Revision of Baseline programs in Primavera P6.
• Maintain Schedule Control Procedure
• Review and monitor the Project Execution Plan
• Review and monitor physical progress at Site and compare that with schedules
• Review and verify the progress measurement claimed by the Contractor with the actual physical progress at Site for invoicing purpose
• Development of tender programs during bidding phases.
• Review of Resident engineer’s weekly reports.
• Generating executive summary reports for higher management
• Assist Supervisors and engineers in delay impact analysis and EOT requests.
• Follow up of issue’s impacting the projects schedule.
• Maintaining a data base of projects progress.
• Generating look ahead programs for the Resident engineer’s.
• Monitoring progress & efficiency of each project and reporting to supervisors and managers.
• Critically analyzing of projects and raising flags in case of slippage and identification of mitigation measures.
• Preparation of recovery plans.
• Preparation of projects progress monitoring charts for graphical visualization of projects.
• Assisting supervisors and managers for board presentations and meetings.
• Assisting team and managers as needed.
• Weekly/ Monthly progress report preparation.
AED 25,000 to 32,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: We offer an attractive remuneration package including extra-legal benefits. We provide training and development programs within a professional environment and a growing market.
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Civil Engineering;
• Minimum 7 years of experience as Senior Planner in Actual Civil Works Marine, and Jetties.
• Have a multi-disciplined engineering capability;
• Client facing role, planning presentations required;
• Experience and knowledge of marine engineering and design phase planning and construction;
• You have a very good knowledge/ use of Primavera P6;
• You have a very good knowledge with Ms Office package (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint);
• You can review, extract information from drawings using AutoCad;
• You are fluent in English and team-oriented;
• Must have managed project-based planning teams of at least 3 planners;
• Extension of Time claims experience;
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.