Job description / Role
Our client is a leading oil & gas contractor in Muscat, Oman.
Sr. Quantity surveyor responsible for the contract administration, measurement, valuation, invoicing, forecasting & cost control (including subcontracts). A dvice cost saving measures to Project Manager and ensure execution in accordance with internal controls, policies, local legal requirements and recognized good practice.
- Review and administration of contracts and contract changes, accurate preparation of monthly contract reviews and contractual claims.
- Submitting reports as per the Contract - to be reviewed by PM & CM
- Lead negotiations with clients of contracts in terms of monthly valuations, variations, terms and conditions.
- Compilation, management and negotiations of contractual claims both up and downstream and able to undertake claims avoidance measures.
- To promptly manage in consultation with the Commercial Manager and bring to satisfactory outcome any arbitration notice or legal action issued by or against the company.
- To ensure all contracts commercial operations are in accordance with the company's procedures and policies.
- Cooperation and liaison with the Company's estimator in terms of pre and post work pack contractual and commercial advice including preparing and maintaining live commercial risk registers.
- Cooperation and liaison with the company's Project Manager to ensure sound commercial operation of all ongoing contracts to ensure successful financial outcomes of all operations.
- To aid in the ongoing continuous improvement of commercial management systems and procedures which ensure contract requirements are met and the company's position is protected in all ongoing trading activities.
- To set a positive, professional example to all subordinate staff and demonstrate good leadership supporting the company's core values
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements
- Performing risk, value management, cost control and forecasting;
- Preparing and analyzing costing for tenders;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Responsible to establish, update and implement procedures and method statements
- And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or BE (Civil/Mechanical)
- Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute (MRICS, CIBSE, MCIOB etc) advantageous.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in onshore oil and gas construction, 5 years in Gulf in the similar position.
- Knowledge of Arabic advantage
- Framework, Boundaries and Decision Making Authority: Reports to the Project Manager.
- Medium/senior level of autonomy in deciding on issues pertaining to the function.
- Decision making authority as outlined by Line Manager (Commercial Manager)
- Working knowledge of ERP packages, systems integration, data processing and analysis.
- Experience in EPC projects, Fabrication, Shut Down, Refinery Maintenance and Tanks & Pressure Vessels projects.
- Competent enough to understand various cost components of project.
- Competent enough to understand to quantify various subcontracts works i.e. Painting, Insulation, Fire proofing, Scaffolding, Structural & Piping works etc.
- Sound knowledge on productivity norms used in relevant disciplines
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Compass Project Consulting
|Saudi Arabia||10 Oct|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Compass Project Consulting
Quantity Surveyor Engineer
Four Leaf Contracting & Real Estate