Job description / Role
Candidates must come from an Oil & Gas background.
Our client is a leading contractor based in Oman. They are market leaders within the Oil & Gas sector with a project portfolio of over $4billion. Due to project award, they are looking to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager to oversee subcontractors/procurement & claims.
Role Summary You will be responsible for the operational implementation of one or more elements of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy and Subcontract Procedure to support the Group of Companies
Oversee of all subcontract policies and associated Agreements / PO's by managing all aspects of the Project (s) and coordinating all engineering issues related to the service I product to be delivered in line with the project SCM strategy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take full ownership for the implementation of the Company /Project Subcontract Procedure, together with Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Commercial team.
- Have a good understanding of the overall technical issue and a good knowledge of the oil and gas services industry, its specificities , of complex items and provide support to the team as and when necessary .
- Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy for the assigned business area via business partnering initiatives, knowledge and expertise.
- Manage the process and stake holders relevant to the specific role, including internal challenges and support to client negotiation.
- Accountable from the issuance of the RFQ, the selection, management and monitoring of subcontractors, up to service delivery to the end user and recuperation of all billable sums.
- When applicable, coordinate and/or perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering, QA, QC & HSE. Finalize the bid summary and make recommendations to the Project SCM Manager for technically acceptable solutions.
- Manage commercial and financial issues arising from the assigned subcontract or purchase orders
- Negotiate all variation/change Orders and provide regular cost forecast of POIsubcontract.
- Support the development of the local Supply Chain Function.
- Manage all Subcontractor claims and pursue amicable settlement strategies to protect project profitability.
- Develop and implement Subcontract Procedure across the Group of Companies and ensure compliance. Audit reviews as and when required. Develop and train Project commercial teams in principle of Subcontract management and best practice.
- Ensure all subcontract obligations are met, including but not limited to insurances and bonds.
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- Preferred Professional Accreditation MRICS, MCIOB and or MCIArb
- 8 years minimum experience
- Gulf project experience (5yrs+)
- Oil & Gas background
- Worked for a reputable contractor
- Proven track record in similar role is essential
- Professional, confident, diligent personality who can manage a vast range of clients. Must be a good manager & motivator of people.
- Claims & contractual experience of Middle East projects, preferably oil & gas would be advantageous
- Appropriate experience in a one or more of the Subcontract or Supply Chain areas of expertise.
Salary/ Package shall be dependent on the experience of the individual. Competitive package on offer, with genuine career progression within a growing division. This is an immediate role for the correct candidate.
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Contracts Administrator - Oil & Gas
Contract Manager / Senior Contract Administrator
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||21 Apr|
Head of Construction
Manager - Contract / Procurement - Industrial Project - Client
SAS Global Consultants
|Saudi Arabia||26 May|