Job description / Role
We have been exclusively assigned by our client, a large international food company based in Oman with over 5,000 people across the Middle East Region.
The business are a prominent food business, that run a large Sales & Distribution operation in Oman.
Our client are seeking an experienced and dedicated Supply Chain & Logistics Manager who can help with the workload demands required for the regional business unit in Muscat, Oman, with the main objective on proficiently managing the warehousing, transport and demand planning. This position entails a high level of responsibility whilst the successful candidate will report directly to the COO.
This role is at times demanding and thus requires a resilient and composed individual who is able to handle the pressure of deadlines daily so as to ensure of successful delivery and efficiency.
Roles & Responsibilities include but limited to;
- Relationship building and nurturing with partners to ensure improvement on cost control.
- Coordinates optimal policies & procedures whilst modelling compliance
- Managing warehouses in compliance with Supply Chain, company policies and legal requirements.
- Overseeing warehouse and distribution operations..
- Interfacing with Sales Management and strategically ensuring stock flow from warehouses
- Productive communication between all process functions including warehouses and BU’s, Planning, Sales, Trade Marketing, Finance & HR.
- Monitor efficiency of warehousing and distribution operations using productivity and financial KPI’s
- Responsible for ensuring that inventory controls are managed, to meet targets
- Ensure team briefings take place on a daily/weekly basis in designated warehouses to ensure all information is properly cascaded to the team
- Contribute to the recruitment process and ensure induction and motivation of the team is happening in his designated warehouses.
- Managing a a team of around 150 people by identifying needs and providing relevant training to drive efficient production & work performance across warehouses. Motivate, guide, coach and empower team members to achieve and perform effectively as a team.
- Using productivity and financial KPI's to ensure efficiency of warehousing and distribution operations
- Responsible for ensuring that all Health & Safety, hygiene guidelines as well as warehouses security.
In order to be considered for the role our client requires the successful candidate meets the following criteria;
- Is currently working as a Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
- Must have experience in working for a food related company previously, minimum of 2 years food distribution/Supply Chain experience.
- Previous managerial experience essential, minimum of 5 years managerial experience
- The candidate is open to re-locating to Oman where this role is based
- Candidate living in Oman is desirable, but not essential
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supply Chain Manager
Middle East Executive
Head of Global Logistics
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Search Heads Middle East
Head of Contract Logistics - Logistics Giant
|Saudi Arabia||9 Oct|
Zuhair Fayez Partnership
|Saudi Arabia||14 Sep|