Job description / Role
We are currently seeking to appoint a Contracts Engineer to support in managing the Surface Facilities project for a Full Field Development for Bisat Oil Field in Oman. The position will be based Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. The contract engineer to provide support to the projects team through all phases from design, procurement, construction, commissioning and hand-over.
KEY ACCOUNT ABILITIES
• Prepare scope of work and review the same with contract focal point and Project Manager. Scope of work shall include:
• Current contract requirement.
• Issues raised during the current contract execution.
• Future service requirement.
• Prepare a long term integrated service contract to cover all possible engineering, procurement, maintenance and construction services for the company business.
• The incumbent shall apply their technical knowledge and experience to instill improvements into the scope of work that will eventually lead to better performance and/or contract management.
• Prepare technical evaluation model: define the evaluation criteria considering scoring and weighting for each criteria. Define the critical criteria and minimum scoring for each. Technical evaluation model shall include:
• The main summary sheet which shows the evaluation criteria with scoring under each criterion.
• Breakdown of the main criteria to sub criteria with scoring and weighting for each.
• Prepare detailed company cost service estimate which shall include the cost breakdown for each individual item anticipated to be used during contract period. The Company estimate shall be used as a base for the commercial evaluation model.
• Prepare tender strategy along with contract specialist from Supply Chain Department and provide the required input from Facilities team.
• Assist with tender clarifications and respond to Bidder’s Technical clarifications.
• All pre and post (technical and commercial) Clarifications and communications with bidders shall be routed through Supply Chain. No direct communication with the bidders during tendering stage shall be established without Supply Chain’s approval.
• A detailed technical evaluation summary shall be prepared along with the Supply Chain to show how the technical evaluation is done and to show comparison between the technically qualified proposals.
• Must have a technical degree/law/contracts management with minimum of 15 years’ experience in contracts management for Facilities projects team (Project Management, engineering & Construction), with at least 7 years recent exposure to Contracting activities.
• Must have previous experience in Oman
• Familiarity with the local regulations governing tendering and contracting processes.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.