Job description / Role
Technician - Auto Mobile Electrical & A/C
• Action the SA Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) procedures to ensure safety and compliance.
• Continuously action the SA EHS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) including:
• Wearing correct PPE.
• Applying the 5S principles; ensuring a clean and tidy work area.
• Maintaining the work areas, tool storages in a safe, efficient condition.
• Cleaning the equipment.
• Generating and closing equipment notifications.
• Use of job safe analysis tools.
• *Actively participate in the daily safe-start meetings and the weekly safety meetings. Attend EHS training.
• Conserve resources (eg; small tools) to minimize waste.
• Know and apply the SA authorization and isolation procedures, for example:
• Inform the Supervisor immediately of any accidents or unforeseen problems
• Be aware of the protected work areas and those who have authority to enter these areas.
• Attend incident report investigations.
• *Repair and maintain the equipment to maximize operational reliability at the optimum cost. Troubleshoot problems
• Perform work to Sohar Aluminum’s standard work procedures and practices, obey Plant and Department rules.
• Analyse risks, implement appropriate controls, commencing each task.
• Analyse, diagnose and correct equipment faults.
• *Execute preventive and predictive maintenance to optimize availability and reliability and quickly return under-performing
• equipment to design specification
• Action emergency breakdown repairs to minimize downtime
• Input information to the SAP Plant Maintenance module (eg: create reservations/spending, raise requisitions to procure
• materials, create closure)
• Operate and maintain equipment as per SOP, where applicable.
• Participate in CI Projects.
• *Actively participate in training and development activities to enhance own development and to ensure a safe and productive
• Develop own skills and knowledge by reading, participating in HRD training activities and by practicing new skills.
• Coach others. Assist others to train new recruits.
• *Know and apply the mobile equipment operating procedures to ensure safe, efficient production outcomes and to maximize
• the life of the equipment.
• Learn to recognize the hazards associated with the operation of mobile equipment.
• Take action to mitigate risk and ensure safe operation of the equipment
• Conduct daily checks on the mobile equipment which is assigned for use. Refer standard checklist.
• Analyze, diagnose and repair Electrical & A/C problem in automobiles.
• Ensure high quality standards.
Diploma in Engineering or related field with 4 years of relevant work experience
• Ability to read mechanical, electrical & A/C drawing related to automobile.
• Strong troubleshooting skills on A/C & electrical.
• Strong knowledge of electrical measuring instruments.
• Strong knowledge of air conditioning & electrical maintenance of vehicles.
• Knowledge of electrical safety interlock in vehicles and testing of the same.
• Analyses, diagnose and repair problems or breakdowns on the mobile equipment.
• Ensure high quality standards.
• Analyze, diagnose and correct faults
• Execute preventive and predictive maintenance to optimize availability and reliability and quickly return under performing equipment to design specification.
• Action emergency repairs to minimize downtime.
About the Company
Sohar Aluminium was formed in September 2004 to undertake a landmark Greenfield aluminium smelter project in the Sultanate of Oman and is jointly owned by Oman Oil Company, Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC - TAQA and Rio Tinto.
By implementing decades of industry insight in its design, specification and construction Sohar Aluminium has been created to ensure efficiency, environmental protection and the utmost safety of its workforce. The smelter has an annual production capacity of 375,000 tonnes of high quality Aluminium.
Omanisation, which currently stands at 72% of its workforce, is a driving force within the organisation. The development of its young employees is paramount and with that in mind, Sohar Aluminium has its own internationally recognised training centre which gives each and every employee the opportunity for further learning.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Offshore Service Mechanic
Green Gulf Careers
Electrical Isolation Operator
Manpower Middle East
Abu Dhabi Ports
Production Lines Maintenance - Engineer / Technician
Al Howail Group
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jan|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)