Job description / Role
• The Planning Well Engineer is responsible for the design, planning and support well engineering in regards of drilling and completions by integrating Weatherford’s well construction technologies, industry solutions and thorough analysis in ISP projects.
• The Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager and the rest of the team to prepare and execute the safest and most efficient plans to drill and complete wells.
• Support Health, Safety and Environment.
• Develop and implement Well Engineering solutions for projects
• Develop and fully implement well engineering best practices, peer reviews and technology application during the planning, execution and closure phases
• Ensure all wells are budgeted, planned and designed to contractual minimum standards, regulatory requirements, policies and full consideration of HSE & sustainability goals
• Manage Weatherford products and services as well as third party vendors, coordinating well material and providing oversight of operations
• Support technical and/or business initiative that furthers the capabilities of the project
• Document and communicate learning from projects adequately
• Ensure the wells are delivered on time and budget and prepare corrective actions in case of deviations
• Perform torque-and-drag analysis on all well types in order to design effective methods to deploy drilling & completion tools
• Identify deviations to Weatherford Policies and Standards and document the adequate management of change process
• Facilitate short-term planning and scheduling of personnel, equipment and services
• Perform and guide others with offset well analysis as well as casing and tubing design
• Lead and guide others in the development and review of well programs, operating procedures, presentations, end-of-well reports and other documentation
• Support commercial aspect of projects by developing time estimates and performing comparisons vs AFE and guiding others in the process
• Prepare, guide and advise on matters related to well control
• Participate and provide guidance in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers and equipment
• Ensure information is exchanged effectively with all parties (client, segments, third parties, etc).
• Mentoring of junior members of the project team.
• Research and assess applicability of new technology to projects
• Support continuous improvement through the documentation of best practices, lessons learned, technical alerts, etc.
• MSc/B.Sc in engineering or scientific discipline.
• Minimum 8 years of experience as Well Engineer.
• Experience of Horizontal wells, Multilateral, ERD Wells would be an advantage
• Budget/planning experience required
• History of working in the Middle East, preferably Oman is required.
• Fully functional in Microsoft Office.
• Fluent written and spoken English is essential
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies