This course provides students with the key skills to be an effective manager in any organisational context. The course comprises four units, one of which is prescribed, and others that are drawn from a range of areas, including accounting, business analytics, economics, finance, human resource management, management or marketing enabling you to tailor the degree to suit your work and career goals. This degree serves as an exit point for the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Strategic Organisational Development and Human Resource Management.
Who should take this course
This program is designed for students who want to expand their career options in management and human resource management.
Students are required to complete four units including:
- MM521 Processes of Management
And three of the following:
- AFM420 Accounting and Finance for Business
- BUS599 Business in Action
- ECON406 Economics for Management
- MM405 Advanced Organisational Behaviour
- MM431 Marketing Management
- MM439 Strategic Human Resource Management
- MM453 Workforce Planning and Talent Development
- MM540 Managerial Thinking and Decision Making
- MM545 Organisational Leadership: Theory and Practice
- MM551 Business Ethics, CSR and Sustainability
- MM573 Management of Change
- MM591 Managing Across Cultures
About Course Provider
Our aim is to offer you the most flexible study options without losing any of the rigour required in a quality tertiary education. You can study on campus for a traditional face-to-face education experience, or from wherever you are; our new generation of online study is making tertiary education more accessible than ever. Originally named New England University College, UNE was established as a college of the University of Sydney in 1938. It was the second university established in New South Wales and Australia’s first regional university. In 1954 the University became fully independent as the University of New England and pioneered teaching by correspondence to external students.
UNE offers a distinctive on-campus experience which is strengthened by one of Australia’s oldest residential systems. Living in any of the eight colleges offers students the best in modern on-campus living with superb academic support, pastoral care and the opportunity to partake in a wide range of social and sporting activities. UNE is internationally recognised for its innovative approach to online teaching and research excellence with 87% of its research fields rated world standard or above.
Research endeavours are supported through a number of flagship research centres:
- The Animal and Genetics Breeding Unit (AGBU)
- The Centre for Agriculture and Law (AgLaw)
- Centre for Local Government
- Institute for Rural Futures (IRF)
- The Paleoscience Research Centre and
- The National Centre of Science, Information and Communication Technology, and Mathematics Education for Rural and Regional Australia (SiMERR).
As the biggest regional employer and an externally engaged organisation, the University actively pursues effective partnerships and plays a significant role in Armidale and wider rural and regional communities.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.