Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 84+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here
About the Role:
A Data & Analytics Manager is one of the most informed colleagues in the company. Not only you track every performance related KPI but you are also responsible for aiding every department in their long-term objectives as well as everyday goals. You're the go-to person for everyone; for someone as senior as MD to someone with specific roles such as associates. Your average day would require you to interact with multiple departments from various cities and helping them resolve their problems through data analysis, while also detecting pockets of growth that will enable Pakistan to hit its KPIs/OKRs
- To track the overall business strategy and analyze opportunities for growth
- Help build the market strategy by breaking market's overall targets into baby step goals
- Improve reporting tools by building automated dashboards to provide better visibility to all departments and cities
- Assist departments in better decision making that are aligned against OKRs/targets
- Identify opportunities of growth through rigorous data analysis.
- Analyze performance against targets and budgets and provide recommendations to relevant parties
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Data Analytics
- At least 6+ years of PQE in a fast-paced industry
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Strong commercial and analytical sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Technology/e-commerce background and experience working in the region
- Proficiency in MySQL and Tableau is preferred.
- Excellent research skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to communicate with non-finance people on finance processes
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Creative thinking to resolve novel problems while supporting the business
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Data Analyst
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Data Scientist A (All Levels)
|Ras Al Khaimah||5 Mar|
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer