Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experience Database Administrator with experience of MySQL and ideally NoSQL databases.
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL database s such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledg of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational database s.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- AWS technology stack knowledge would be a plus such as RDS (MySQL, MarinaDB , Aurora) , DynamoDB.
- Proficiency in any scripting language (AWK , Python, Shell).
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of database s
- Working experience on Unix or Unix like OS i.e. Linux.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies