Job description / Role
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
In Procurement, you’ll help create a competitive advantage for Mondelez International by building winning supplier partnerships and effectively managing all company resources. Working with the businesses, you and your team will drive sustainable top and bottom-line growth through supplier innovation, best-in-class margin and cash management, and highly efficient source-to-pay processes.
Day to Day Operational or Project Management responsibilities:
• Act as the single point of contact (SPOC) for the Procurement function at a site, country or country cluster.
• Facilitate or form a link between the local users or Master Shoppers and the Procurement organization.
• Diffuse and ensure the respect of the Procurement procedures.
• Guarantee efficient use of the purchasing systems by all users providing them assistance when necessary.
• Build up solid information sharing and collaboration routines with local Supply Managers to facilitate effective cross-functional interactions for direct materials.
• Act as first escalation point for local business users or Master Shoppers related issues and drive resolution in line with regional and global Procurement policies.
• Verify purchase request quality if contacted by Regional Procurement Centre (RPC), align with end users or Master Shoppers on missing specifications, check e-sourcing feasibility and provide info or contact the Regional Procurement Centre (RPC) to assign Spot Buyers to work on purchase request execution.
• Coordinate local contract implementation tasks with Spend Area teams.
• Coordinate and participate in the execution of the contract implementation plan.
• Prepare and execute training for the end users.
• Promote the use of global or regional contracts.
• Lead the phase out of the old contracts and procedures.
• Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position.
• Raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue.
• Apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
Strategic or Spot Buy Support responsibilities:
• Upon request by the Procurement centre or Spend Area Manager during the sourcing process provide input on local spend situation and Spend Area practices.
• Gather local internal customers’ requirements.
• Provide insights on local supplier market.
• Identify with stakeholders any local legal requirements that necessitate an adaptation of the contract.
• Support local supplier qualification assessment.
• Support the development of the contract implementation plan.
• Support initial and on-going spot buy reduction initiatives locally.
• Provide support and necessary local contacts during initial spot buy reduction exercise.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
• More than 2 years of Procurement practitioner experience, broad background across different business functions
• Bachelors Degree with proven track in relevant study in business economic environment. Masters would be preferred.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Primary Location: AMEA-PK-Sind-Karachi
Job: Procurement Operations
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.