Job description / Role
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability
As a part of our talent team, you will spend most of your time supporting the HR enablement team to deliver exceptional client service. Providing support to the HR Enablement function as needed with respect to the organizational effectiveness and efficiency of the talent team, its operations and alignment to global processes.
The role is responsible for providing effective HR service delivery for Core HR processes as well as transactional/operational support for other Talent functions as needed (e.g. Onboarding, Talent Development, Recruiting). The role holder will require appropriate knowledge and experience to meet local service expectations and also manage routine HR enquiries and employee relations matters (before any escalation to a local Talent Consultant). They will also provide insight and advice to senior business colleagues across a range of functional areas.
Your key responsibilities:
• Oversee the day to day workflow to ensure:
• Consistency of approach and delivery of efficient service to agreed service levels to stakeholders
• Fair allocation of work across the team
• Development opportunities identified and acted upon for team
• Regular interaction with Talent Consultants and other relevant business representatives as required to ensure understanding of the business, strategy and goals and implications for operations
• Monitor delivery and quality of services, provide feedback to the HR Operations Lead, HR Enablement Leader and Strategic Talent Consultants as required to continuously improve service delivery
• Provides operational Talent project support to help achieve Talent priorities as defined by Region Talent Leader
• Support and lead on Employee Relations cases
• Continuous improvement across operational activities
• Implement polices and procedures and support the office understanding to embed change
• Actively shares knowledge, information and ideas such as approaches for ensuring effective provision of services
• Develops and implements operational plans (aligned to strategy) and monitors successful completion
• Has a strong understanding of the business (i.e. the client) to ensure the right level of resources and capability can deliver services to agreed standard ensuring exceptional client service
• Promotes a strong team environment where all members contribution is valued
• Recognizes strong performers and high potential team members; proactively identifies and addresses individual performance concerns and/or issues; builds team capability
• Actively manages HRE compliance with D and I policy
• Key contact for Talent Consultants, HR Operations Lead and HR Enablement Leader on all operational matters for that cluster/country
• Escalates any issues with overall service delivery to HR Operations Leader
• Provides a framework to ensure clear communication channels between Talent Consultants, business stakeholders and all other relevant stakeholders
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to cope with a role that involves the transactional and operational as well as bigger picture thinking.
• Commercial and pragmatic approach balanced with a high degree of sensitivity and discretion.
• Ability to be resilient, practical and a self-starter, comfortable with working on own and with teams.
• Demonstrating strong MS office skills and a willingness to acquire new skills to effectively utilise internal reporting systems
To qualify for the role you must have
• Extensive experience of working in HR operations or a talent function, with knowledge of HR systems and process improvement preferred
• Experience in metrics reporting and analysis preferred
• A degree in Human resources or a related discipline
• Excellent communication skills, whether written or verbal
Ideally, you’ll also have
• CIPD qualified. A postgraduate qualification in a Business or Human Relations discipline is desirable.
• Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
What we look for
• Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
• An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region