Job description / Role
Information Security Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of network firewalls and security devices in addition to that he will follow up information security projects according to the plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify that the network is properly protected against internal/external threats and continuously improve Network security controls.
- Maintain the Privileged Access Management (PAM) and the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Investigate, analyse and resolve reported information security incidents.
- Maintain Network Firewalls and security devices of various vendors, and make sure security policies and configurations best practices are in place.
- Execute internal/external vulnerability scanning and penetration testing. Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems and applications.
- Implement security projects according to plans. Ensure security requirements are being identified early in other projects lifecycle.
- Maintain routers, switches and troubleshooting of complex Network related problems.
- Network & security daily operations and follow up.
- Respond immediately to network and security incidents.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as: Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Network and Security certifications such as: CCNA, CCNP, CEH is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience in Network and Security domain.
- Experience in web applications security and vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top Ten.
- Understanding of network attacks, DoS, Phishing, email protection, encryption, authentication and log analysis.
- Understanding of TCP/IP model and popular network protocols.
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft and Linux systems.
- Good knowledge in scripting and automation using languages such as Python and Perl.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-learner, Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Detail-oriented, multi-task person.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
- Professional Personal Photo
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.