Job description / Role
The RF and Optimization Engineer will be responsible for the planning, design, and optimization of the radio network in a designated geographical area. His role is to maximize the coverage and maintain the best possible performance and highest efficiency of the radio network.
Roles and Responsibilities::
- Performing radio network coverage, capacity, and performance analysis.
- Preparing the radio cells physical designs, including cell location, antenna type, height, azimuth, and tilt.
- Tuning the radio network (in a designated geographical area) to achieve and maintain the target Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitoring and analysing the performance of all the radio cells on daily basis.
- Detecting performance degradations and formulating proper corrective actions.
- Analysing the traffic load and congestion statistics and performing proper changes to keep maximum utilization of the network resources.
- Preparing the integration data (Cell Design Data - CDD) for the new installed radio sites.
- Activating the new radio sites, including drive test route planning, log files and statistics analysis, and initial tuning of the radio cells.
- Preparing frequency plans for individual cells or for clusters of cells. Both manually and automatically.
- Revising the sites/cells physical design and recommending modifications including, cell location, antenna type, height, azimuth, and tilt.
- Drive test preparation and analysis, and recommending radio optimization actions.
- Radio signal propagation and interference analysis.
- Auditing, analysing and tuning the radio network/cells parameters.
- Keeping the radio network free of parameter inconsistencies.
- Radio features activation, testing, and tuning.
- Following up the customer complains related to the radio network.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to learn quickly and to act proactively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (writing, reading, and spoken).
- Good knowledge in the GSM and WCDMA systems.
- Computer latency knowledge (MS-Office).
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
- Personal professional Photo
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.