Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for talented Mechanical Design Engineers to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal . This position is responsible for assisting Senior / Lead Mechanical Design Engineers on one or several projects depending on size, type and complexity. The requirement includes applying sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of contract documentation whilst following instructions and guidance.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Use Autodesk Revit tools to present design and engineering solutions.
- Research, plan, design and develop building engineering systems for Mechanical engineering in consultation and coordination with Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer.
- Work under supervision of the Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer to perform engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final design, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Assist Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer in administering contacts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Prepare and document calculations complete with support references to codes and standards, scan and locate in the project folder under the correct project number for future access by any member of staff located in any of the KEO offices.
- Prepare data and QAQC document sheets for the QAQC reviewers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer.
- Manage activities under supervision within own field of responsibility.
- Apply technical aptitude to tasks to solve day to day problems, always willing to learn new skills.
- Use initiative to ensure work processes, procedures and systems are effective and efficient.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the team by identifying with and participating in the attainment of team objectives, communicating and sharing knowledge.
- Build understanding of design, construction and project management concepts.
- Document all designs in accordance with requirements of design practice manuals.
- Communicate effectively at all levels to support collaborative work practices and achievement of team goals.
- Manage own continuous development and support the development of colleagues.
- Maintain Client focus in the delivery of services of the team.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with health and safety legislation and KEO H&S policies.
- Align work practices and processes with KEO sustainability principles.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 1 year's work experience up to around 7 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- A working knowledge of of REVIT MEP and Navisworks is required.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate international project experience, with Middle East project experience preferred.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.