Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Plumbing Design Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal . This position is responsible for leading the design process on one or several projects depending on size, type and complexity. The requirement includes applying sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of contract documentation and providing direct instructions, guidance and oversight of all tasks conducted by engineers assigned to work on the respective projects.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Oversee the use of Autodesk Revit tools to present design and engineering solutions for all projects.
- Provide leadership in research, planning, design and development of building engineering systems related to Plumbing Engineering as well as provide guidance and instruction to the designated Level 1, 2, and 3 Engineers.
- Supervise the Level 1, 2 and 3 Engineers to perform engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final designs, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Oversee the administration of contacts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Attend all coordination and progress meetings and present options and solutions as required.
- Conduct reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
- Provide leadership in problem solving at a project level and encourage the use of innovation.
- Ensure that all QAQC procedures are followed for the project, and work with the project team to close out all comments received from the QAQC reviewers.
- Obtain project related approvals from the relevant local authorities.
- Mentor and oversee the development of engineers working on projects under your control.
- Work with the Director of MEP to ensure sufficient project resources to deliver the services.
- Manage activities at project level within own field of responsibility.
- Conduct initial design studies to address specific design problems and challenges.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 10 years work experience partnered with a Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and related MEP engineering software is expected.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate international project experience, with Middle East project experience preferred.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.