Job description / Role
- Responsible for assisting the Accounts Receivable Supervisor in e nsuring the hotel's credit policy is adhered to thereby providing optimum protection of the hotel's receivables and collect ability to maximize cash flow .
- Aim for current + 30 days aging for debtors to exceed 90% and ensure timely billing of accounts and maintenance of receivable records.
- Perform any other reasonable duty assigned by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Financial Controller or the Executive Director of Finance.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
Core Work Activities:
- Balance guest ledger daily before transferring unsettled guest balances to City Ledger, posting, editing and updating to accounts receivable system. Direct bill accounts transferred to the City Ledger must be billed on a timely basis, preferably the same day.
- Balancing / posting daily payments and reconciling short payments.
- Research and respond to guest queries either by phone or correspondence. Disputed guest accounts must be resolved on a timely basis, preferably the same day. Staff City Ledger accounts - staff should retain a copy of all outlet receipts, which should minimize the number of queries.
- Ensure timely billing of invoices and statements per credit policy.
- Credit card billings must be controlled separately from other receivables to ensure payments are properly credited and reconciled with receipts. If Electronic Data Capture (EDC) facility is used, ensure summary reports agree to amounts credited to bank account. Research and resolve central billing charge back.
- Prepare and input journals for transfers between debtor's accounts
- Liaison with reservations, sales and front office staff daily (regarding rates, etc.) to reduce potential invoice errors. In addition, discuss disputed accounts and reason for same.
- Preparing and distributing invoices of Employee City Ledger accounts promptly.
- Reconcile Advance Deposits for Banquets and Accommodation.
- Process travel Agent commissions daily for preparation of travel agents cheque listings to be forwarded to the Citibank for processing.
- Investigate and respond to travel agents commission queries for Credit Meeting.
- Raise monthly rebates for clearing accounts.
- Raise monthly charges for rental accounts if any and ensure timely payment.
- At month's end, write off overdue after departure (greater than 60 days), guaranteed no show accounts and provide for travel agents commission and employee discounts.
- Reconciliation of total City Ledger accounts to the General Ledger each month.
- Regularly arrange storage of City Ledger documentation and appropriate Accounts receivable computer reports.
- Record no-show billings and review on a monthly basis.
- Treatment of guaranteed no-shows to be discussed with Financial Controller / Executive Director of Finance who will decide if they are to be billed based on guest history, company, occupancy, etc.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Accor International Control-related tasks
- Understand control frameworks including self-audits & controls defined by Accor Internal Controls team.
OSH (Occupational Safety & Health) Responsibilities
- Participate in the risk assessment activities.
- Develop new work procedures as required, in coordination with department heads
- Provide all employees with relevant OSH information in an appropriate manner;
- Ensuring that all works are conducted in a manner safe and without risk to employees and visitors
- Planning to do all work safely;
- Providing advice and assistance on OSH to all employees;
- Action in OSH reports and carrying out workplace inspections;
- Preparing and participating in OSH meetings and OSH programs;
- Ensuring on safe work practices at all times;
- Conducting toolbox talks and daily team briefings
- Ensure that all incidents are reported to the OSH Manager
All cash handling associates are required to understand:
- Policies & procedures specified in Accor International Standards such as Cashiering Responsibilities, Cashier Overage & Shortages.
- Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience as Accounts Receivable in 5 Star Hotel
- High level of IT understanding.
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Detail Orientation
- Microsoft Office
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Accounts Receivable and Credit Supervisor
General Cashier cum Account Receivable
University Foundation College
Account Payable Executive