Job description / Role
• Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments for professional(s) and/or management staff and provides information to callers requiring knowledge of company’s operations, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures as required.
• Ability to follow, applies, interpret and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
• Sorts, opens, and distributes incoming mail to staff; associates incoming correspondence with files or related materials needed for meetings, correspondence, and reports.
• Determines needs and orders office supplies, equipment, repair and maintenance services through agency channels.
• Updates the Customer Data Base and produces reports from same
• Maintains the library collection as required.
• Maintains and re-supplies the stationery inventory as required.
• Broadcasts and communicates to the staff of QSA general information.
• Assists in customer presentations and events.
• Include reference to deal with suppliers and arrange favourable terms and conditions
• Composes and types routine letters, memoranda, reports, minutes of meetings, scientific or technical material, numerical data, charts and spreadsheets.
• Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences for GM and/or management staff and notifies interested parties; makes conference rooms’ reservations as needed.
• Proofreads and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness and content.
• Establishes and maintains office files, logs, indexes, control records, or other information concerning the work under the supervisor’s control.
• Maintains confidentiality of documents and information received.
• Keeps informed of office details and advises management of problems.
• Prepares and monitors timekeeping and other personnel records as well as the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Operates standard office equipment and performs related work as assigned.
• Filing skills
• Effective verbal, listening and written communications skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English; knowledge of Arabic language will be added advantage
• Time management and task prioritization skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and accounting software – Peachtree
• Experience in dealing with travel agencies
• Experience in booking accommodation
• Experience in arranging visas.
• Experience in arranging tickets and concierge services.
• Self-motivated and achievement orientated
• Enjoys working within a team environment
• Good communicator at all levels
• Methodical, orderly and loyal employee
• High integrity – honest and trustworthy
• Is flexible, adaptable, and tolerant
• 4 year course Graduate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred
• At least 2 years related experience is preferred
• Administrative support experience where use of computer to prepare correspondence, reports, etc.
• A pleasant and friendly personally, good communication skills both oral and in writing
• Ability to read with understanding and listening to instruction.
• Posses’ interpersonal skills such as patience, tack and the ability to maintain composure in times of tight deadlines/stress.
• Adaptable, flexible and patient, and respond well to change.
• Self-management – like be on time, responsible, cooperative, good team player and well organized.
About the Company
Artan Holding is a Qatari-owned company with a diverse portfolio of businesses including:
- Doha British School established in 1997, an international school for pupils from KG to Year 13.
- Mirage International Property Consultants established in 2004, a real estate company specializing in the sale, leasing and facilities management of commercial and residential properties in Qatar and around the world.
- Qatar Skills Academy established in 2010, a training academy providing accredited vocational education and training.
- House of Architecture and Interiors established in 2012, an architecture and design company offering diversified interiors solutions through integrated services and products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Wataniya Environmental Services Co. (WES)
Equinox Global Investments
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Sigma Technical Enterprises & Trading Co.
One Thousand Walls