Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
* Implementation of the new Financial Control Substantiation and Reconciliation policy and standards; follow up to keep all requirements updated and properly handled.
* Constant monitoring of Group Financial Control exceptions and following up on corrective actions to maintain an effective Financial Control environment. Ensure escalation as necessary by the policy.
* Ensure that residual risks remain within acceptable risk levels by identifying material risks, maintaining an effective control environment and accepting or rejecting levels of residual risk in line with Operational risk procedures
* To ensure integrity of the Qatar G/L through regular reviews of TP/GL reconciliations
* To assist the Financial Controller in overseeing the day-to-day management of operational risks within Finance
* To assist in maintaining an effective control environment ensuring that all financial control requirements are met with zero tolerance.
* To assist in ensuring compliance to all finance related Local Regulatory / Group laws, rules and guidelines. To actively propagate a culture of zero tolerance on financial compliance risk.
* To ensure monitoring of daily regulatory and group ratios and proactively escalate any potential breaches
* To ensure compliance to the group accounts payable, fixed assets processes including delegated authority grids
* To maintain a strong regulatory, Audit, Taxation, finance network
* To ensure all payments hits the appropriate GL account and cost centre
* To ensure timely submission of WHT Statement to Tax department
* Ensure all payments are made to the contractors/vendors as per group expenditure policy
* To ensure clearance of Nostro accounts on a daily basis
* Ensure archiving of APU and Regulatory is done regularly
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's values and Code of Conduct
* Assist LM in formulating and supporting initiatives with respect to implementation of strategic business plans
* Provide forward looking analytics on costs to enable better decision making
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
* Candidate with relevant experience in the same field
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.